Andrew Mollo (born 15 May 1940 in Epsom, Surrey, England) is a British expert on military uniforms, which has led him into a career in motion pictures and as an author of various books on military uniforms.
Andrew Mollo is the son of a Russian father and British mother and the brother of costume designer and historical consultant John Mollo. In 1956, the family moved to London, where he studied at the Regent Street Polytechnic.
Mollo was approached by Kevin Brownlow for assistance on his film It Happened Here. This led Mollo into co-writing, co-directing and co-producing the project which premièred in 1964. Mollo's uniform expertise led him to be a consultant on such films as The Eagle Has Landed, The Pianist and Downfall. Mollo also co-wrote, co-produced and co-directed with Kevin Brownlow the film Winstanley.
- 1964: It Happened Here
- 1965: Doctor Zhivago
- 1976: Winstanley
- 1976: The Eagle Has Landed
- 1985: Dance With a Stranger
- 1986: Nanou
- 1993: Sharpe
- 2002: The Pianist
- 2004: Downfall
- Andrew Mollo: Army Uniforms of World War 1. Arco Publishing, New York 1978
- Andrew Mollo: Uniforms of the SS. The Crowood Press, 1998, ISBN 978-1859150481
- Andrew Mollo: The Armed Forces of World War II. Little, Brown & Company, 2002, ISBN 978-0316858977
- Kevin Brownlow: How It Happened Here. UKA Press, London/Amsterdam/Shizuoka 2007, ISBN 978-1-905796-10-6, p. 201.
- Andrew Mollo at IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597081/
|This biographical article related to film in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|