|The Very Reverend
|Dean of Southwark|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwark|
|Other posts||Sub Dean of Southwark Cathedral (1999–2012)|
|Birth name||Andrew Peter Nunn|
30 July 1957 |
Wigston Magna, Leicestershire, England
|Alma mater||Leicester Polytechnic
College of the Resurrection, Mirfield
Nunn was born on 30 July 1957 in Wigston Magna, Leicestershire. From 1975 to 1979, he studied public administration at Leicester Polytechnic, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (BA (Hons)) degree. He then worked for a year as a rent collector for the Housing Department of Wellingborough Borough Council in Northamptonshire.
In 1980, he entered the College of the Resurrection, Mirfield, to train for ordination. During this time, he also studied theology and religious studies at the University of Leeds and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1982.
Nunn was ordained in the Church of England as a deacon in 1983 during a service at Ripon Cathedral. He was ordained a priest in 1984. Between 1983 and 1987, he served his curacy at St James the Great, Manston, Leeds. He was then chaplain of Agnes Stewart Church of England High School and curate then vicar at (All Saints') Richmond Hill.
From 1995 to 1999, Nunn was chaplain and personal assistant to Roy Williamson, Bishop of Southwark. From 1999, he was a residentiary canon of Southwark Cathedral. From 1999 to 2000, he was vice-provost and precentor. In 2000, all primae inter pares of cathedral clergy became known as deans; previously some head's of chapters were titled provost while some were titled dean. Therefore, from 2000 to 2012, he was sub-dean and precentor at Southwark Cathedral. On 21 January 2012, he was installed as Dean of Southwark.
Since 2008, Nunn has been Rector General of the Society of Catholic Priests. He is Chaplain General of the Company of Servers, an Anglican society for lay people that is connected to the Society of Catholic Priests.
Nunn is an honorary chaplain of a number of livery companies of the City of London. Since 2000, he has been an honorary chaplain of the Launderers' Company. He is also an honorary chaplain of the Innholders' Company, as well as a member of the Glaziers' Company.
- The Reverend Andrew Nunn (1983–1999)
- The Reverend Canon Andrew Nunn (1999–2012)
- The Very Reverend Andrew Nunn (2012–present)
- Southwark Anglican
- "Tenth Dean of Southwark announced". Diocese of Southwark. 30 October 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Andrew Peter Nunn". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 30 November 2015. (subscription required)
- Agnes Stewart High Schoolweb site Archived August 26, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Institution, Induction and Installation of The Revd Canon Andrew Nunn as Rector of the Parish of St Saviour and All Hallows, Southwark and Dean of Southwark". Southwark Cathedral. 21 January 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Contact Us". The Company of Servers. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Launderers Company´, Daily Telegraph, 22 October 2013, p. 32.
- Nunn's General Synod blog
- Nunn's "Living God" blog
- Nunn's "Camino" blog
- Nunn's "Passion in Real Time" blog
- Nunn's "Bethlehem Bound" blog
- Nunn's "Calvary Bound" blog
- Nunn's "In the Steps of St Paul" blog
- Andrew Nunn on Twitter
|Church of England titles|
|Dean of Southwark
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|