||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Performing "Andrew O'Neill's Totally Spot-On History of British Industry" in 2008
14 September 1979 |
Portsmouth, England, UK
Andrew O'Neill (born 14 September 1979) is a comedian, musician, presenter, and writer.  He lives in London.
Born in Portsmouth in 1979, O'Neill grew up in the suburban town of Wallington. He has two brothers, Steve and David. He did his first comedy performance at the age of ten, and started his stand-up career on 16 January 2002, at the Laughing Horse, Camden. He since has gone on to perform in comedy clubs, theatres and music festivals throughout the UK, Australia, US and Europe.
Andrew is a regular on the comedy stage at Download, played to 5,500 people at Sonisphere, opened for Amanda Palmer from The Dresden Dolls, and has performed at comedy festivals in Adelaide, Melbourne and Wellington. He has a column in Terrorizer Magazine.
- ...Is Easily Distracted (2012)
- Alternative (2011) (UK & Australia tour)
- Andrew O'Neill (2010) (UK & Australia tour)
- Occult Comedian (2009) (UK & Australia tour)
- Andrew O'Neill's Totally Spot-On History of British Industry (2008)
- Futuristicelectrodeathninja9000 (2007)
- Winston Churchill was Jack The Ripper, the full account (2006)
- The Last Show Around (2005)
- Andrew O'Neill and James Sherwood, Apparently (2004)
- UK Tour September 2007 – October 2007 as special guest of Norman Lovett
- UK Tour January 2008 – July 2008, with Terry Saunders
- UK Tour September 2008 – June 2009, featuring special guest, former Creaming Jesus and current Giant Paw vocalist, Andy Heintz.
- UK & Australia Tour September 2010 – June 2011
- UK & Australia Tour September 2011 – February 2012
- UK & Australia Tour March 2012 – November 2012
Radio and television
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks, BBC 2
- Saxondale (with Steve Coogan), BBC 2
- Good News Week, Ten (Australia)
- Spicks and Specks, ABC1 (Australia)
- Fags, Mags and Bags, BBC Radio 4
- The 7th Dimension, BBC Radio 4Extra
- The Richard Bacon Show, BBC Radio 5 Live
- The Milk Run (with Josie Long, Alex Musson, Isy Suttie and Danielle Ward), BBC Radio 1
- Tom and Andrew Discuss, Resonance FM
- The Museum of Curiosity, BBC Radio 4Extra
- The Blame Game, BBC One NI
- Pharmacist Baffler (writer and performer), BBC Radio 4
- Best Comedy 2012, Adelaide Fringe Festival – Nominee
- Best Show 2012, Leicester Comedy Festival – Nominee
- Best Comedy Performance 2011, Buxton Fringe – Nominee
- Best Comedy Performance 2010, Buxton Fringe – Nominee
- Chortle Award for Breakthrough Act 2009 – Nominee
- Donaldson, Brian (12 January 2011). "Andrew O'Neill – Quite possibly the only cross-dressing vegan occultist on the stand-up circuit". The List. Retrieved 2012-07-31.