|Alma mater||McGill University, University of Toronto|
|Known for||Editor of Ottawa Citizen|
Andrew Potter is a Canadian author and editor-in-chief of the Ottawa Citizen; best known outside Canada for co-authoring The Rebel Sell, with Joseph Heath, and for his 2010 book, The Authenticity Hoax.
Early life and education
Born in Teulon, Manitoba, Potter attended Glebe Collegiate Institute in Ottawa, before earning a BA in Philosophy at McGill University, then MA and Ph.D. degrees in philosophy at the University of Toronto. He was also an assistant professor at Trent University for three years. Upon graduation, he did post-doctoral work at the Centre de recherches en éthique (CREUM) at the University of Montreal.
He then left academia to become the National Editor at the Ottawa Citizen, a daily newspaper. He left in 2010 when he was appointed Features Editor at Canadian Business in Toronto. Potter returned to the Ottawa Citizen to become Managing Editor in 2011 and was promoted to Editor-In-Chief in December 2013. In 2013, Potter and the Ottawa Citizen were awarded the Michener Award for reporting that exposed the use of “robocalls” to mislead and harass voters during the 2011 federal election campaign.
From 2007 to 2012 Potter wrote a column for the Canadian national weekly news Maclean's magazine. In 2016, Andrew Potter was appointed as the Director of the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada at McGill University in Montreal Québec. 
His academic background is in metaphysics and political philosophy, post-secondary educational policy, branding, consumerism and popular culture. He maintains an interest in technology and the future of the news media.
- Author biography at HarperCollins, 2010
- Potter, Andrew. "The Author". Authenticity Hoax Blog. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Macdonald, Chris. "Interview: Andrew Potter and The Authenticity Hoax". The Business Ethics Blog. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Andrew Potter becomes editor of the Ottawa Citizen". 10 December 2013.
- "Postmedia-Ottawa Citizen: Winner 2012 Michener Award". June 18, 2013.
- "Andrew Potter". Macleans Magazine. Rogers. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Andrew Potter to head the MISC". 12 January 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- Lilley, Brian. "Andrew Potter doesn't know squat". Lilley Pad. Retrieved 19 December 2014.