Andrew R. George
Andrew R. George (born 1955) is a British academic best known for his edition and translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh. Andrew George is Professor of Babylonian, Department of the Languages and Cultures of Near and Middle East at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
- House Most High: The Temples of Ancient Mesopotamia (Mesopotamian Civilizations, Vol 5), Eisenbrauns, 1993, ISBN 0-931464-80-3
- The Epic of Gilgamesh: A new translation, 228pp, Penguin Classics (UK), (2000) ISBN 0-14-044721-0.
- The Babylonian Gilgamesh Epic: Critical Edition and Cuneiform Texts, 996pp, Oxford University Press (England) (2003) ISBN 0-19-814922-0.
- University of London, staff
- BBC Radio 4 In Our Time, "The Epic of Gilgamesh". George on the panel with Frances Reynolds and Martin Worthington.
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|