Andrew Scott (museum director)
Andrew John Scott CBE was Director of the National Railway Museum in York, part of the National Museum of Science and Industry (NMSI) in England. His previous museum appointments (since 1984) had been with the West Yorkshire Transport Museum in Bradford, the Bradford Industrial Museum, and the London Transport Museum.
In September 2009, Andrew Scott took over as acting director of the NMSI after the dismissal of Molly Jackson over a breach of NMSI conduct. On 15 October 2010 Andrew Scott retired and the new postholder was Ian Blatchford. He was recruited from being the Deputy Director of the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Andrew Scott CBE, ZoomInfo.
- Jon Pratty, National Railway Museum's Andrew Scott Awarded CBE, Culture24, 4 January 2006
- Andrew Scott to be Acting Director of NMSI, Science Museum, London, 22 September 2009.
- Museums Journal, October 2009, page 4
- Louise Jury, Science Museum director sacked after "judgment error" in accounts, London Evening Standard, 24 September 2009
- Email from Andrew Scott 28 October 2010.
|Director of the National Museum of Science and Industry
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|