Andrew Matthew Shoben, FRBS FRSA (born 8th Nov. 1971, in London UK) is an English artist, academic and broadcaster. He is Professor of Public Art and Computation at Goldsmiths, University of London  as well as a Fellow of the Royal British Society of Sculptors  and a Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts. He is considered one of the world's leading practitioners of public art, especially in relation to digital and other interactive technologies.
As the founder of greyworld, a public art collective, he has lectured and broadcast extensively on art in public spaces for BBC Radio and Channel 4 TV in the UK. His art is primarily concerned with the notions of play in urban space, and specifically the art systems that can be employed to this end.
Andrew Shoben is a regular contributor to the media and lectures regularly around the world, most notably at Design Indaba Conference (South Africa) in 2002 and again in 2012, Perth International Arts Festival (Australia), Berlin Film Festival (Germany)  TEDx  and 5D Immersive Design (Germany, Brazil) 
- Design Indaba speaker bio
- Andrew Shoben at Design Indaba 2012 (presentation and interview)
- "Staff expertise, Goldsmiths, University of London". Gold.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "greyworld | Royal British Society of Sculptors". Rbs.org.uk. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Shoben, Andrew". RSA. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- Rogers and Smyth (2010). Digital Blur: Creative Practice at the Boundaries of Architecture, Design and Art. Libri Publishing. p. 253. ISBN 9781907471018.
- Rucki, Troika [i.e. ] Conny Freyer, Sebastien Noel, Eva (2008). Digital by design : crafting technology for products and environments. London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 9780500514382.
- al.], ed. by Alison Blunt ... [et (2003). Cultural geography in practice. London: Arnold. ISBN 9780340807705.
- "BBC iPlayer - Change of Art". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-10-18. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "The Channel 4 Big Art Project". Channel4.com. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- Aitch, Iain (Dec 2005). "Power to the People". Landscape Journal. ISSN 1742-2914.
- "greyworld". greyworld. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Inspire / Speaker". Design Indaba. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Andrew Shoben: ART:CITY Keynote Address - Visual Arts - Perth Festival". 2011.perthfestival.com.au. 2011-02-17. Archived from the original on 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "Berlinale Talent Campus". Berlinale-talentcampus.de. Archived from the original on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "TEDx Imperial College". TEDx Imperial College.
- "5D | 5D Europe at FMX 2010". 5dconference.com. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
|This artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|