Suniula with the U.S. in the 2010 Churchill Cup
|Date of birth||May 1, 1982|
|Place of birth||American Samoa|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb)|
|Rugby league career|
|Rugby union career|
Suniula switched to play rugby league for the Auckland Lions in the 2007 Bartercard Cup, scoring a try in the Grand Final. There he was spotted by Noel Cleal and signed by Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. Suniula played for Manly in the NRL. Suniula played wing, centre and second row in rugby league.
After four years in rugby league, Suniula returned to union with the Chicago Griffins in 2010. The following season he joined RFU Championship side Cornish Pirates, appearing 16 times for the club during the 2011-12 season. Suniula returned to Chicago Griffins the following season before joining his first top flight professional rugby union side when he signed for the London Wasps for the 2013-14 season. He made five appearances for the club during his brief one-year stint. Suniula joined CSM București for the 2015 Romanian Rugby Championship season.
His brothers, Roland and Shalom, have also represented the United States in rugby union. Suniula has been tattooed by internationally renowned artist Steve Ma Ching, who also tattooed rugby players DJ Forbes and Sonny Bill Williams.
- "League: Suniula thanks 'Crusher' for Sea Eagles break". Otago Daily Times. 19 March 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Andrew Suniula Not Returning To Wasps". tiar. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Andrew Suniula Joins CSM Bucuresti". TIAR. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-07. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- Kiwi gets contract with US sevens The Western Leader, 9 February 2012
- "Sonny Bill's West Auckland 'tattoo brother' ready to face All Blacks". ONE News. Retrieved 30 October 2014.