Andrew Swant (born 1976 in Madison, Wisconsin) is an American artist and filmmaker whose works include Hamlet A.D.D., William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet, What What (In the Butt), and the production of Frankie Latina's Modus Operandi. He attended film school at University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, and art school at University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire where he majored in Fine Art and minored in Women's Studies.
His Milwaukee-based production company Special Entertainment is co-owned by collaborator Bobby Ciraldo. Swant and Ciraldo were awarded the Mary L. Nohl Fellowship for Emerging Artists in 2008 and the Mary L. Nohl Fellowship for Established Artists in 2013. Other awards include the Best Documentary award at the Marbella International Film Festival, first place at Milwaukee's 24-hour Film Festival in 2005 and 2007, and he was a Sundance TV Lab finalist in 2003.
In 2012 Swant co-wrote and starred in The Jeffrey Dahmer Files, a feature film about serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer which premiered at the SXSW film festival in March 2012. It received positive reviews, including being a New York Times Critics' Pick. Swant's portrayal of Dahmer was called "chillingly effective" by The Hollywood Reporter and "dead-on creepy perfection" by Entertainment Weekly. The film was picked up by IFC Films and released in early 2013.
He has worked on multiple Found Footage Festival projects, including The Found Footage Show, Glue Man, Found vs. Found, and the Found Footage Festival Volume 6.
- Hamlet A.D.D. (2014) - Director, Actor, Writer
- Moon Dust (2014) - Actor, Editor
- The Jeffrey Dahmer Files (2012) – Actor, Writer
- The Found Footage Show (2010) - Director, Producer
- William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet (2009) - Co-Director
- Modus Operandi (2009) - Producer, Writer, Actor
- Something Theater (2009) - Producer, Director, Writer
- What What (In the Butt) (2007) - Director, Writer, Producer
- Milwaukee Decider by DJ Hostettler (February 5, 2009), "Screening Room: Andrew Swant and Bobby Ciraldo", accessed 02-09-2009
- "ArtInfo - Nohl Fellowship Winners Announced". Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "MKE Magazine - "The Who Who Behind the What What" (Paragraph 11)". Archived from the original on 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- Martin Hintz. ""Somewhere Under the Radar" Nov. 6, pp 19, 24". Shepherd Express.
- DeFore, John (March 20, 2012). "Jeff: SXSW Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/brownmarkfilms Brownmark Films YouTube Channel with views displayed