|Born||1952 (age 64–65)
Fujian province, China
|Alma mater||University of the East|
|Occupation||Real estate, Retail investment|
|Known for||Alliance Global Group Inc.|
|Net worth||$2.7 billion (June 2017)|
Andrew Lim Tan (traditional Chinese: 吳聰滿; simplified Chinese: 吴聪满) is a Chinese Filipino billionaire with business interests in real estate, liquor and fast food. In 2011, Forbes magazine rated him fourth on the list of the "Philippines 40 richest" with an estimated net worth of $2 billion. As of May 2014 he is estimated to have a personal fortune of over $5 billion and ranks 3rd in the country.
Originally an immigrant from China, Tan was born in the Fujian province. He spent his childhood at an apartment in Hong Kong which was shared by other families. Later, he moved to Manila where he studied accounting at University of the East.
- Megaworld Corporation – A real estate corporation engaged in developing condominiums. It has subsidiaries called Empire East and Suntrust Properties. It was dubbed by Finance Asia, a business tabloid, as the "best managed company" and the "best in corporate governance" in the Philippines for 2006.
- Emperador Distillers, Inc. – Best known for its Emperador Brandy which became the world's best-selling brandy in 2006, and Emperador Light. What made it successful was how it was promoted. Instead of following other liquor advertisements that feature attractive women and other dainty images, the ads of Emperador Brandy emphasize successes in life and moral values.
- Golden Arches Development Corporation – Operates McDonald's franchises.
- "Andrew Tan". Forbes. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Andrew Tan @ Baidu (Chinese)".
- "The Philippines' 40 Richest : #5 Andrew Tan". Forbes. July 7, 2010.
- "Andrew Tan: The New Billionaire on the block". NewsFlash.org. 9 January 2007. Archived from the original on 19 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Rising tycoon: Megaworld's Tan now heads RP McDonald's grp". GMANews.TV. 2006-09-14. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- "Andrew Tan, taipan". The Manila Times Internet Edition. 12 July 2007. Archived from the original on 14 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Andrew L. Tan". Philippine Business Today. 2007-07-21. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
|This business-related biographical article from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|