|Full name||Andrew David Trimble|
|Date of birth||20 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Coleraine, Northern Ireland|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||99 kg (15 st 8 lb; 218 lb)|
|School||Coleraine Academical Institution|
|University||Queen's University Belfast|
|Rugby union career|
He plays at outside centre or on the wing for Ulster Rugby. In April 2006 he signed a new three-year deal with Ulster. Trimble also played club rugby for Ballymena RFC in the AIB League and has represented Ireland Schools and the Ireland U21 team.
Due to a pre-season groin injury, however, he required surgery and missed part of the 2007–08 season. He later underwent a hernia operation. On 30 April 2009, Trimble underwent surgery on his right knee to remove a piece of chipped bone.
Trimble, replacing the injured Brian O'Driscoll, made his debut for the Ireland national rugby union team during the 2005 IRB Autumn Internationals, against Australia. He started again the following week against Romania, securing victory for the Irish with two tries.
Building on his earlier success, Trimble made the 22-man squad for Ireland's 2006 Six Nations Championship opener against Italy. He came on as a second-half replacement to score his third try against France, the following week. In the 2007 and 2008, Trimble was a member of the Ireland team for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, and played both on the wing and in the centre. Due to injuries, he missed both Ireland's 2008 and 2009 summer tours.
- Ulster Rugby Player of the Year (2006)
- BT Irish Rugby Union Players Association's newcomer of the year.
Trimble attended Coleraine Academical Institution. After graduating, he attended Queen's University Belfast to study physics. After a year however, he dropped out, and decided to study Theology at Belfast Bible College instead. He supports Liverpool F.C.. Trimble married his wife, Anna, in March 2009.
- "Andrew Trimble eyes Irish call up". Coleraine Times. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Player Profiles: Ulster Rugby 1st XV". Ulster Rugby. Archived from the original on 25 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Andrew Trimble". Irish Rugby. Archived from the original on 11 April 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- O'Brien, John (5 March 2006). "Heaven on earth, but there's better to come". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- "Trimble ruled out until next season". Irish Independent. 28 April 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Kelly, David (4 March 2009). "Trimble targets the best of both worlds". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Rugby World Cup 2015: Andrew Trimble left out of Ireland squad". BBC Sport. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Five Top Players on God's Rugby Squad". eden.co.uk. Retrieved 16 March 2014.