Andrew Vaughn (baseball)
|California Golden Bears – No. 20|
|First baseman / Pitcher|
|Born: April 3, 1998|
Santa Rosa, California
|Career highlights and awards|
Vaughn attended Maria Carrillo High School in Santa Rosa, California. He enrolled at the University of California to play college baseball for the California Golden Bears. As a freshman, Vaughn played first base and made ten appearances as a pitcher. He hit 12 home runs and won the Pac-12 Conference Freshman of the Year Award. He played collegiate summer baseball in 2017 for the Victoria HarbourCats of the West Coast League. As a sophomore in 2018, Vaughn hit 23 home runs with a .402 batting average. Perfect Game/Rawlings named him their National Player of the Year, and he won the Pac-12 Conference Baseball Player of the Year Award and Golden Spikes Award.
- "Former Maria Carrillo baseball star Andrew Vaughn to train with national collegiate team". Pressdemocrat.com. June 13, 2017. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Simmons, Rusty (April 25, 2018). "Vaughn's big bat is part of sophomore's complete package". SFGate. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Cleve Dheensaw (June 13, 2017). "Slugging infielder Andrew Vaughn adds power to HarbourCats lineup". Timescolonist.com. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Knight, Heather. "Cal's Andrew Vaughn is Perfect Game/Rawlings Player of the Year". SFChronicle.com. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Maria Carrillo grad Andrew Vaughn a finalist for top college baseball award". Pressdemocrat.com. June 6, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Cal's Vaughn wins national award". SFGate. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Andrew Vaughn becomes Cal's first Golden Spikes winner". SFChronicle.com. 2018-06-29. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube