Andrew W. Lewis
|Andrew W. Lewis|
|Born||Andrew Wells Lewis
September 5, 1943
|Died||October 24, 2017 (aged 74)
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College
University of Chicago
|Occupation||Professor of History|
|Employer||Missouri State University|
|Known for||Research in medieval Europe and the Renaissance|
|Notable work||Royal Succession in Capetian France: Studies on Familial Order and the State (1981)|
|Awards||MacArthur Fellowship, (1984)
John Nicholas Brown Prize, best first book in any area of medieval studies, Medieval Academy of America, (1985)
Andrew W. Lewis (5 September 1943 - 24 October 2017), was an American historian and professor at Missouri State University. His special areas of interest are medieval Europe and the Renaissance.
Awards and honors
- Session 8: Autour du livre d'Andrew Lewis, Le Sang royal. La famille capétienne et l'Etat, France, Xe-XIVe siècles/ Royal Succession in Capetian France: Studies on Familial Order and the State, 1981
- MacArthur Fellows Program, 1984.
- John Nicholas Brown Prize, 1985.
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, 1984-1989.
- International Medieval Society Annual Symposium, June 2008.
- "Anticipatory Association of the Heir in Early Capetian France" The American Historical Review 83.4 (October 1978:906-927)
- "The Capetian apanages and the nature of the French kingdom ", Journal of Medieval History, Volume 2, Issue 2, June 1976, Pages 119-134
- Royal succession in Capetian France: studies on familial order and the state, Harvard University Press, 1981, ISBN 978-0-674-77985-3
- "The Birth and Childhood of King John: Some Revisions," Eleanor of Aquitaine; Lord and Lady, Edited Bonnie Wheeler, John C. Parsons, Palgrave Macmillan, January 2003, ISBN 0-312-29582-0
- "Obituary for Andrew Lewis - Springfield, MO". www.gormanscharpf.com. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-12. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Dr. Andrew Lewis: September 1943 to October 2017". History Blog - Missouri State University. 26 November 2017. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|