Andrew Watson (bishop)
|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Guildford|
|Diocese||Diocese of Guildford|
|Other posts||Bishop of Aston (2008–2014)|
|Consecration||28 October 2008|
|Born||16 July 1961|
|Children||Two daughters and two sons|
|Alma mater||Corpus Christi College, Cambridge|
Watson was educated at Winchester College and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. He was ordained in 1987 after theological studies at Ridley Hall, Cambridge. His first positions were curacies at St Peter's Ipsley in the Diocese of Worcester (1987–1991) and Ss John and Peter's Notting Hill in the Diocese of London (1991–1996), after which he was Vicar of St Stephen's East Twickenham, from which three new churches were planted. He was also the Area Dean of Hampton from 2003 until becoming a bishop. In 2008 he was appointed as Bishop of Aston and on 26 September 2014 it was announced that he would be translated to Bishop of Guildford. The confirmation of his election to the See of Guildford occurred on 24 November 2014; his ministry was inaugurated at Guildford Cathedral on 28 February 2015.
Watson is married to Beverly, who was ordained a deacon in 2008. They have four children: Hannah, Samuel, Joseph and Lydia. He is the author of The Fourfold Leadership of Jesus, Confidence in the Living God (2009), and The Way of the Desert (2011). He regularly speaks on the themes of Church Growth and Renewal in the UK, Norway and Sweden. He is on the board of the Queen's Foundation, Birmingham and the Archbishops' College of Evangelists and chairs the CPAS Trustees and the Panel for World Mission and the Anglican Communion.
- Worcester Diocese — New Bishop of Aston...
- Daily Telegraph, "Appointments in the clergy", p. 28, 8 September 2008
- Church of England press release
- BBC announcement
- "New Bishop of Aston announced"
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009, Lambeth, Church House Publishing, ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Diocese of Guildford – Confirmation of election of new Bishop of Guildford (Accessed 28 January 2015)
- "New Bishop of Aston announced". The Church of England. 2 September 2008.
- The Fourfold Leadership of Jesus
- Confidence in the living God
- New Lent Courses 2012 - The Way of The Desert by Andrew Watson: connecting the Exodus to the Everyday
- A review of The Way of the Desert
|Church of England titles|
Title last held byJohn Austin
|Bishop of Aston
|Bishop of Guildford