Andrews & Arnold
|Adrian Kennard (Managing Director)|
Andrews & Arnold Ltd (also known as AAISP) is an Internet service provider based in Bracknell in the United Kingdom founded in 1997 and launched in 1998, primarily serving businesses and "technical" home users.
The company's owner, Adrian Kennard (RevK), stated in a blog post that as of October 2010 the company is "xkcd/806" compliant, referring to xkcd comic number 806. This means that technical support callers who say the code word "shibboleet" will be transferred to a technical support representative who knows at least two programming languages, and presumably can offer more useful advice than a standard tech support script.
Andrews & Arnold provides optional bonded multiple-link internet access. This allows multiple links to be used together to vastly increase speed and reliability. Special routers distribute individual IP packets between the available links in such a way that even one single download or upload operation will benefit fully from multiple speed, and it is not necessary to have several users, several running programs or computers to gain the speed benefit. Links can be of different types, each needs only to be a pipe that can carry IP packets. Multiple links can either be used together all the time, or some can be brought up as a back up if other links fail, so-called 'failover', or a combination of the two approaches can be set up.
Andrews & Arnold are strong advocates of not censoring Internet connections. Adrian Kennard has several blog posts discussing why Internet censorship as discussed in the UK is not workable, providing background for AAISP's decision.
Andrews & Arnold have a number of product areas:
- Internet access
- Leased lines
- Ethernet (2 Mbit/s - 1 Gbit/s)
- Domain and hosting services
- FireBrick ethernet IP routers
- "Andrews & Arnold Ltd - About us". Aaisp.net.uk. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Andrews & Arnold Ltd - Broadband information". Aaisp.net.uk. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "The UK's largest independent Broadband / ADSL troubleshooting website (incorporating news, reviews and comparisons)". thinkbroadband. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "O2 and AAISP Top UK Broadband ISP Customer Service Awards 2009 − ISPreview UK News". Ispreview.co.uk. 2009-12-27. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Tech Support". xkcd. 2010-10-15. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- "XKCD/806 compliance". 15 October 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "IPv6". Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "Bonding Lines". Retrieved 2017-12-16.
- "Censorship views". Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "RevK's rants: CENSORSHIP". Retrieved 2018-09-15.
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|