|Full name||Andrey Ivanovich Chemerkin|
|Born||February 17, 1972 (age 45)
Solnechnodolsk, Stavropol Krai, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Andrey Ivanovich Chemerkin (Russian: Андрей Иванович Чемеркин, born February 17, 1972) is a former Russian weightlifter. Chemerkin was a gold medalist at the 1996 Summer Olympics, and a bronze medalist at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Olympic Games gold medalist (1996).
- 4 time World Weightlifting Championships gold medalist (1995, 1997, 1998, 1999).
- 2 time European Weightlifting Championships gold medalist (1994, 1995).
- Set 7 world records during his career
Andrei is the winner of the World Weightlifting Championships for university year 2000 but not a Senior Championship, and he attempted the all time heaviest clean and jerk 272.5 kg 601 pounds in the 2000 Olympics which he needed to win. In addition, he is a winner of several Russian Championships. At the time he won the Olympic Games in 1996 he snatched 197.5 kg (436 lb), followed by a clean and jerk of 260 kg (573 lb) to total 457.5 kg (1010 lb).
- Snatch: 202.5 kg 446 pounds at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Clean and jerk: 262.5 kg 579 pounds
- Total: 462.5 kg 1021 pounds (200.0 + 262.5) 1997 World Weightlifting Championships.
1991 - 1992 junior world weightlifting champion and a Russian championship winner known as the three warriors tournament
- "All-Time Top Lists (200-250-450)". Lift Up. Retrieved 2009-07-27.