This biographical article is written like a résumé. (May 2017)
|Born||Andrey L. Kostin|
September 21, 1956
|Alma mater||Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics|
|Occupation||President and Chairman of VTB Bank|
Andrey L. Kostin (Russian: Костин Андрей Леонидович; born September 21, 1956) is a Russian banker, currently President and Chairman of the Management Board of VTB Bank, Member of the Supervisory Council, Member of the Strategy and Corporate Governance Committee, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of several VTB subsidiaries, PhD in Economics.  Shares owned in the charter capital of VTB Bank – 0.00036%.
He is one of the most active representatives of the Russian banking sector and is a frequent guest on CNBC, Fox News, CNN, BBC and Bloomberg TV-channel. He has three times participated in the Charlie Rose show on Bloomberg television, as well as the Hard Talk programme on BBC. He has been attending the World Economic Forum (Davos, Switzerland) since 1996.
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (April 2018)
- Order of the Russian Orthodox Church of St. Seraphim, 2nd class;
- Orders For Merit to the Fatherland (2nd, 3rd and 4th classes);
- Order of Honour;
- Order of Merit (France);
- Received a Presidential Letter of Appreciation for his great contribution to the development of the national economy, the strengthening of Russia's position in the global oil and gas industry and his successful efforts to improve the investment climate in the Russian Federation (2017);
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Government of the Russian Federation for Professional and Public Achievements (2016);
- Presidential Certificate of Honour for contributions to the socio-economic development of the Russian Federation, professional achievements, civic engagement, and many years of dedicated service (2015);
- Letter of Gratitude of the Russian Government for significant personal contributions to the development of the Russian banking system and many years of hard work (2006);
- Russian Government Certificate of Honour for significant personal contributions to the development of the Russian banking system and many years of hard work (2001);
- Russian Government Certificate of Honour for significant personal contributions to the development of foreign banking activity in Russia (1998).
Views on Trump
Kostin's father Leonid Alekseevich (1922-2016) was an economist with expertise in labor economics. He traveled internationally extensively and supported the Central Party of the Soviet Union. Kostin's wife is Natalya and they had one son Andrey.
Kostin's son Andrey (1979-2011), a banker, graduated from the Russian Government Finance Academy in 2000 and began working with Deutsche Bank's London office. From 2002-2007, he work in Deutsche Bank's Office of Interbank and Corporate Sales in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. In April 2007 following Deutsche Bank's Co-CEO Anshu Jain's strategy of developing partnerships with state partners, Kostin returned to Russia and worked for Deutsche Bank's Moscow office overseeing more than $40 billion in debt and equity transactions. Deutsche Bank's Moscow office then began posting profits of $500 million to $1 billion a year. He served on its management board beginning July 2008 and was the deputy chairman of the management board from February 2011. On July 2, 2011, at 7:30 a.m., while he was at a vacation retreat reserved for FSB personnel, he tragically died when his Can-Am Outlander-800 ATV crashed into a tree along a country road near Pereslavl-Zalessky and the village of Los (Russian: Лось) in the Yaroslavl region of Russia. He was not wearing a helmet.
- Official bio
- "Andrey Kostin". www.vtb.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- Russia Will Continue Bank Privatization: VTB's Kostin - CNBC
- Kostin: Russia Needs More Regulation - FOX News
- Russia's economic woes - CNN
- Charlie Rose show - Andrey Kostin Archived November 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- on YouTube
- "Милости просим к нам в Баку". Швейцарские новости на русском языке. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Time for Trump to remove US sanctions against Russian banks – VTB head". RT. January 19, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Golubkova, Katya; Antonov, Dmitry (January 22, 2018). "Russia's VTB bank head Kostin shrugs off U.S. sanctions risk". Reuters. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Rudnitsky, Jake; Lacqua, Francine (January 24, 2018). "U.S. Sanctions Would Be 'Economic War' to Head of Russia's VTB". Bloomberg. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Ukraine-/Russia-related Designations and Identification Update". United States Department of the Treasury. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "США ввели санкции против семи российских олигархов и 17 чиновников из «кремлевского списка»" [The US imposed sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs and 17 officials from the "Kremlin list"]. Meduza (in Russian). 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Избран новый состав наблюдательного совета «Почта Банка»" [The new composition of the Supervisory Board "Bank of the Post" was elected]. Post Bank (Russia) website (in Russian). December 27, 2017. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Arnold, Martin; Buckley, Neil (30 May 2017). "Putin ally accuses US elite of 'paralysing' Trump". Financial Times. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Костин Андрей Леонидович" [Kostin Andrey Leonidovich]. Lobbying.ru (in Russian). Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "Костин Андрей" [Kostin Andrey]. Lenta.ru (in Russian). Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "Сын главы ВТБ Андрей Костин разбился на квадроцикле: 32-летний банкир погиб на отдыхе в Ярославской области" [The son of the head of VTB Andrei Kostin crashed on a quad: 32-year-old banker died on holiday in the Yaroslavl region]. Izvestia (in Russian). July 2, 2011. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- Шипилов, Евгений; Танас, Ольга (July 4, 2011). "Погиб на трезвую голову: В ДТП погиб сын президента ВТБ Андрей Костин" [Killed sober: The accident killed the son of the president of VTB Andrei Kostin]. Gazeta (in Russian). Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- Harding, Luke (December 21, 2017). "Is Donald Trump's Dark Russian Secret Hiding in Deutsche Bank's Vaults?". Newsweek. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- Sampathkumar, Mythili (April 14, 2017). "Former MI6 chief Richard Dearlove says Donald Trump borrowed money from Russia during 2008 financial crisis: Days before taking office, Mr Trump said Russia had never had any 'levarage' over him". The Independent. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- www.vtb.com: CV