|Born||Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko
8 March 1972
|Alma mater||Plekhanov Russian Economic University|
|Net worth||US$8.5 billion (June 2015)|
With an estimated personal wealth of $9.2 billion, in 2015 he ranked 97th in the Forbes World’s billionaires list (9th in Russia).
Andrey Melnichenko graduated from Boarding School of the Specialized Education and Research Centre under the auspices of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, formerly known as the Boarding School at Kolmogorov Physics-and-Mathematics School #18.
In 1993 at the age of 21, Andrey Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Bank citation needed].[
From 1993 to 1997, Andrey Melnichenko chaired the management board of MDM Bank.
In 1997, Andrey Melnichenko graduated from the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics as Finance and Credit major. He then bought out MDM Bank shares from his partners and became the sole shareholder of the Bank.
Between 2000 and 2001, Andrey Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Group comprising industrial assets including Siberian Coal Energy Company ("SUEK") and Mineral and Chemical Company "EuroChem".
From 2001 to 2005, he chaired MDM Bank's board of directors.
Andrey Melnichenko also became one of the founders of Pipe and Metallurgic Company, Russia’s largest manufacturer and exporter of steel pipes.
From 2001 to 2004, he was the president of the MDM Group.
Since 2007, Andrey Melnichenko has been part of the Bureau of the Board of Directors of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP).
In 2011, he created the SGC on the basis of electricity assets of SUEK.
In 2013, Andrey Melnichenko became the primary shareholder of SUEK and SGC after he has bought his ex-partner shares. Andrey Melnichenko was non-concurrently elected to the Board of RAO UES of Russia and TMK.
In 2014 he ranks 97th in the Forbes World’s Billionaires list (#9 in Russia).
Andrey Melnichenko's assets include:
- Open Joint-Stock Company EuroChem: Russia's largest and one of the top world producers of mineral fertilizers. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
- Open Joint Stock Siberian Coal Energy Company: the largest in Russia and one of the major coal-producing companies globally. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
- OOO Siberian Generating Company: the leading electric power generating company in Siberia. Andrey Melnichenko holds 92.2% of the company's shares.
Andrey Melnichenko chairs Boards of Directors of EuroChem, OAO SUEK and OOO SGC.
Andrey Melnichenko owns the Motor Yacht A, which was launched in the Summer of 2008 following a four year build. The yacht was designed by Philippe Starck and Martin Francis and built at the Blohm + Voss shipbuilding yard near Hamburg, Germany. Melnichenko also owns a Boeing 737 BBJ (registered M-YBBJ).
The Melnichenkos also own a villa in Antibes known as Villa Altiar which was also the location for their wedding and features an extension designed by Phillipe Starck. They also own Harewood Estate in Ascot, Surrey in the United Kingdom.
- "Andrey Melnichenko - Forbes". Forbes.
- Biography Andrey Melnichenko, Forbes, March 2013
- , Siberian Coal Energy Company
- Euro am Sonntag, 26 April 2008
- TMK-Group http://www.tmk-group.com/invest_faq.php#_-On_which_stock
- "EuroChem Pre-reports Selected IFRS Financial Information for Q3 2010". Eurochen archives. November 18, 2010.
- "Consolidated statement of comprehensive income". SUEK. p. 48.[full citation needed]
- Derek Blasberg, Smooth sailing: Aleksandra Melnichenko, Harper's Bazaar, November 16, 2011
- "I'm buying you J-Lo's greatest hits - and paying her Â£1m to sing them". Daily Mail (London). 20 April 2007.
- Robert Franck, Baccarat Meets Bomb-Proof Glass on the High Seas, The Wall Street Journal, July 28, 2009
- Motor Yacht, Super Yacht Times
- "M-YBBJ_NZAA_9372". Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Biography at FLB.ru (Russian)