|Born||Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko
8 March 1972
|Alma mater||Plekhanov Russian Economic University|
|Net worth||US$13.4 billion (February 2017)|
Early life and education
Andrey Melnichenko finished the Boarding School of the Specialized Education and Research Centre under the auspices of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, formerly known as the Boarding School at Kolmogorov Physics-and-Mathematics School #18. Upon graduation, Melnichenko was admitted in the School of Physics at Moscow State University, and later transferred to and graduated from the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
In 1993 at the age of 21, Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Bank which grew to become one of Russia’s largest private banks within ten years. From 1993 to 1997, Andrey Melnichenko chaired the management board of MDM Bank. In 1997, Melnichenko graduated from the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics with a degree in Finance and Credit. He then bought out MDM Bank shares from his partners and became the sole shareholder of the Bank.
From 2001 to 2005, he chaired MDM Bank's board of directors. From 2001 to 2004, he was the president of the MDM Group. Between 2000 and 2001, Melnichenko co-founded the MDM Group comprising industrial assets which later formed Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK) and the mineral and chemical Company EuroChem. Andrey Melnichenko also became one of the founders of TMK, Pipe and Metallurgic Company, Russia’s largest manufacturer and exporter of steel pipes. In 2004, he sold his shares in the transaction related to public placement of the company’s stock with the London Stock Exchange.
From 2004 to 2007, Andrey Melnichenko phased sale of all personally owned shares of MDM Bank to his MDM Group partner Sergei Popov, and focused on the development of industrial and energy assets: the fertiliser company EuroChem, the coal producer SUEK, and the Siberian Generating Company (SGC).  In 2011, he created the SGK on the basis of electricity assets of SUEK. In 2013, Andrey Melnichenko became the primary shareholder of SUEK and SGK after he has bought his ex-partners shares. He was Chairman of Board of Directors of OJSC SUEK from March 2004 until April 2015.
Andrey Melnichenko is Chairman of the Strategy Committee (Non-executive director) of EuroChem Group AG. He is also Chairman of the Strategy Committee of SUEK LTD.  He is the main beneficiary of EuroChem, SUEK and SGK.
Since 2007, Andrey Melnichenko has been Member of the Bureau of the Board of Directors of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP), where he is Chairman of the Mining Commission.  
Assets and boards
In 2016, he ranked 139th in the Forbes World’s Billionaires list (#11 in Russia).
Andrey Melnichenko's assets include:
- EuroChem Group AG: one of the top world producers of mineral fertilizers and Russia's largest fertilizer producer. Andrey Melnichenko is the beneficiary of 90% of the company's shares.
- SUEK (Siberian Coal Energy Company) Group: one of the largest coal companies in the world and the leading coal producer in Russia. Andrey Melnichenko is the beneficiary of 92.2% of the company's shares.
- OOO Siberian Generating Company (SGK): the leading electric power generating company in Siberia. Andrey Melnichenko is the beneficiary of 92.2% of the company's shares.
Andrey Melnichenko is Chairman of the Strategy Committee at EuroChem Group AG, SUEK Group and SGK. 
In 2016, Melnichenko was given a special award for "good deeds" and charity works by the President of Russia. According to media reports, he is one of the main social investors and philanthropists of Russia.  
Andrey Melnichenko owns two yachts: M/Y A (2008) and S/Y A.  Both were designed by Philippe Starck. Melnichenko also owns a Boeing 737 BBJ (registered M-YBBJ). In 2016 Forbes Russia reported the older yacht was for sale. S/Y A was arrested in Gibraltar, her first port of call after delivery, on the claims of overdue payment for invoices from the shipyard and subcontractors.
The Melnichenkos also own a villa in Antibes known as Villa Altair which was also the location for their wedding and features an extension designed by Phillipe Starck. They also own Harewood Estate in Ascot, Berkshire in the United Kingdom.
- "Andrey Melnichenko - Forbes". Forbes.
- Biography Andrey Melnichenko, Forbes, February 2017
- "Andrey Melnichenko Didn't Miss His Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "SUEK Board of Directors". SUEK Board of Directors. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- Euro am Sonntag, 26 April 2008
- TMK-Group "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- "Russia: Interview with SUEK owner, Mr. Andrey Melnichenko". IEA News Centre. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "EuroChem Board & Management". Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs". Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "Andrey Igorevich Melnichenko". Bloomberg Executive Profiles. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "EuroChem Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Eurochem archives. April 26, 2016.
- "Consolidated statement of comprehensive income". SUEK. p. 48.[full citation needed]
- "PRESS DIGEST - RUSSIA - JUNE 17". Daily Mail. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "SUEK Chairman awarded for "good deeds"". RIA Novosti. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Derek Blasberg, Smooth sailing: Aleksandra Melnichenko, Harper's Bazaar, November 16, 2011
- "Russian billionaire splashes out on £292 million superyacht he designed himself to enjoy with his supermodel wife". Daily Mail. London. 28 August 2015.
- "Motor Yacht A is now for sale". Yacht Harbour magazine. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
Russian billionaire, Andrei Melnichenko has put up his motor yacht A for sale according to an investigation by Forbes Russia. A spokesman for Mr. Melnichenko did not comment on the matter.
- Robert Franck, Baccarat Meets Bomb-Proof Glass on the High Seas, The Wall Street Journal, July 28, 2009
- $300 million yacht sails Hawaiian Islands, Hawaii News Now, July 28, 2014
- Amanda McCracken. "Nobiskrug shipyard visit report". Boat International. No. November 2015 issue. pp. 128–138.
- "Nobiskrug Present 22nd Century Yachting in New York". SuperYachts.com. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "M-YBBJ_NZAA_9372". Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Brian Reyes (2017-02-17), Futuristic yacht arrested in €15.3m claim, Gibraltar Chronicle
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrey Melnichenko.|