Andrey Moguchy in 2016
|Years active||Since 1989|
Andrey Anatolyevich Moguchy (Russian: Андрей Анатольевич Могучий, born on November 23, 1961, in Leningrad, USSR) is a Russian stage director, primarily known for his work in drama theatre. Since 2013, Andrey Moguchy is the artistic director of the Bolshoi Drama in St. Petersburg. As of 2016, Andrey Moguchy is a professor at St. Petersburg Theatre Academy.
Life and career
Andrey Moguchy has graduated from Leningrad Institute of Aerospace Instrumentation in 1984. He has then decided to pursue a career in arts and culture, and obtained a degree from Leningrad Institute of Culture as a stage director, and an actor. In 1990, Moguchy has established independent theatre company Formal Theatre.
Since 1990, Moguchy has staged productions in many of the leading theatre in Russia, and across Europe, including Alexandrinsky Theatre, Finnish Theatre Academy, Theatre of Nations. He has staged operas, including a production with Valery Gergiev, and a dance gala at the Mariinsky Theatre for Diana Vishneva.
- Seven Golden Mask awards as Best Director, and for the Best Production (2001, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017);
- The Europe Prize New Theatrical Realities sponsored by European Commission (2011)
- Edinburg Fringe First Awards for House of Fools (2001)
- "Большой драматический театр: Андрей Анатольевич Могучий".
- "Diana Vishneva". www.mariinsky.ru. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- "Андрей Могучий". Golden Mask. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- "XIV Europe Theatre Prize and XII Europe Prize New Theatrical Realities". Retrieved 2016-07-09.