Šics in 2015
|Born||12 May 1985 (age 33)|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
Andris Šics (born 12 May 1985) is a Latvian luger. He competed in the 2006, 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics, and won a silver medal in the men's doubles event in 2010 and two bronze medals in 2014, alongside his teammate and elder brother Juris Šics.
Šics won three bronze medals at the FIL World Luge Championships (Men's doubles: 2011, Mixed team: 2008, 2009). He also won seven medals in the mixed team event at the FIL European Luge Championships with golds in 2008 and 2010, silvers in 2014 and 2016, and a bronzes in 2006, 2015 and 2017. Šics' best individual European championship finish in the men's doubles event was third in 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andris Šics.|
- Andris Šics at the Latvijas Olimpiskā Komiteja (in Latvian)
- Andris Sics at the International Olympic Committee
- Andris Sics at the International Luge Federation
- FIL-Luge profile: Andris Sics at the Wayback Machine (archived 27 February 2014)
- List of European luge champions (in German)
|This biographical article relating to luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Latvian winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|