|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sankrail|
|The Land of Vaishnav Zamindars|
Andul (Bengali: আন্দুল; IAST: Āndula) is a census town in the Sankrail block under the Sadar sub-division in Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a local hub of commercial and industrial activity within and around Sankrail block. It is considered as one of the developing towns in the district and located near to Kolkata city.
Andul is located at  It has got moderate temperature..
As per 2011 Census of India Andul had a total population of 6,302 of which 3,182 (50%) were males and 3,120 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 397. The total number of literates in Andul was 5,626 (95.28% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Andul had a population of 5677. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Andul has an average literacy rate of 87%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 53% of the males and 47% of females literate. 6% of the population is under 6 years of age.
"Kamal Nursery" and "The Indian Nursery" two of the most famous names in the Indian horticulture industry are situated at Andul. Howrah Flower Growers' Association organize flower exhibition at Kamal Nursery every year.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andul.|
- "District-wise list of statutory towns". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Yahoo maps of Andul". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "The Indian Nursery". Agriculture & Industry Survey. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Kamal Nursery". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 15 October 2016.