22 January 1970
|Known for||First man to ever deadlift 1,000 lbs.|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||350 lb (160 kg)|
|WPC World Powerlifting Championships|
|Arnold Strongman Classic|
|UK Strongman Docklands Challenge|
Bolton won his first powerlifting competition in 1991 when he was twenty-one years of age, at a local powerlifting event called the BAWLA Yorkshire Junior Championships. Bolton has since competed in the WPO/WPC. He is the current World Powerlifting Organization "world record holder" in the total (1273 kg/2806 lb). Bolton also holds the current WPO world records in the squat (550.5 kg/1213 lb) and was the previous holder of the deadlift (457.5 kg/1008.6 lb), and was the first to demonstrate a deadlift of over a thousand pounds.
Powerlifting official competition records:
Bolton is best known for being the first man to lift a 1,000 lb. deadlift (equipped) in a powerlifting competition. Bolton appeared in October 2010 at Elizabethtown High School at "The Night of the Living Dead" deadlift competition where he deadlifted 964.5 lbs raw in only a pair of pants and a striking pair of socks.
- Frank Leavers, Interview with Andy Bolton. andrew-bolton.com, 26 November 2007
- World Powerlifting Organization World Records (.DOC). Retrieved 12 August 2007.
- Lusher, Adam, "Today, Andy Bolton is mainly exercising his 'little' muscles...", Sunday Telegraph, 8 January 2007. Retrieved 12 August 2007.
- Official 2002 Results Arnold Classic Strongman Competition. Arnoldsstrongestman.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN’S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS
- Night of the Living Dead blog spot. Nightofthelivingdeadlift.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- Deadlift Dynamite review