Craven playing for FC Cincinnati in 2017
|Full name||Andrew Murray Craven|
|Date of birth||January 21, 1992|
|Place of birth||St. Simons Island, Georgia, United States|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2012–2014||North Carolina Tar Heels||44||(21)|
|2011||Chicago Fire U-23||8||(2)|
|2012||Orange County Blue Star||2||(3)|
|2015||Seattle Sounders FC 2||14||(5)|
|2015–2016||Seattle Sounders FC||3||(0)|
|2016||→ Seattle Sounders FC 2 (loan)||16||(3)|
|2016||Oklahoma City Energy||10||(0)|
|2017||Oklahoma City Energy||14||(5)|
|2009||United States U17||6||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:59, 21 October 2017 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of May 10, 2017
Andrew Murray Craven (born January 21, 1992) is an American soccer player.
College and Amateur
Craven began his college career at the College of Charleston. During his freshman year he lived in the McAlister dorm. In his first season with the Cougars, he made 18 appearances and tallied four goals and one assist on his way to being named Southern Conference Freshman of the Year. In 2011, he got off to a flying start. Scoring six goals in his first eight matches before suffering a season-ending injury. He still went on to be named All-Southern Conference Second Team.
In 2012, Craven transferred to the University of North Carolina. In his first season with the Tar Heels, he made 22 appearances and tallied six goals and five assists. In 2013, he redshirted his senior year after suffering a season-ending injury during preseason. In his final year with the Tar Heels, he made 22 appearances and finished the year with 15 goals and 5 assists.
On January 20, 2015, Craven was selected in the third round (47th overall) of the 2015 MLS SuperDraft by Seattle Sounders FC. However, he was cut from camp and would eventually sign a professional contract with USL affiliate club Seattle Sounders FC 2. He made his professional debut for the club and scored a goal in S2's 4–2 victory over Sacramento Republic FC. On June 27, 2015, Craven earned his chance to be promoted to Sounders FC First Team squad. Craven made his MLS debut for the Sounders the following day, replacing Chad Barrett in the 60th minute of the Sounders 4–1 defeat to the Portland Timbers.
- "2011 Chicago Fire U-23 stats". USLPDL.com. Premier Development League. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "2012 Orange County Blue Star stats". USLPDL.com. Premier Development League. Archived from the original on 26 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- "Sounders FC Selects Three Players in Second Day of 2015 MLS SuperDraft". SoundersFC.com. Sounders FC Public Relations. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "S2 Signs Forward Andy Craven". SoundersFC.com. Sounders FC Public Relations. 10 March 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Andy Craven added to Sounders FC First Team roster". SoundersFC.com. Sounders FC Communications. 27 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "2015 MLS: SOUNDERS FC AT PORTLAND TIMBERS lineups". SoundersFC.com. Sounders FC. 28 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Energy FC acquires Andy Craven from FC Cincinnati in exchange for Danni König". Oklahoma City Energy FC. May 10, 2017. Retrieved May 10, 2017.