October 30, 1982 |
Trenton, MI, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|NHL team||New Jersey Devils|
|National team||United States|
Before joining the Devils, he attended and played hockey for Miami University. He was signed out of Miami University, and was assigned to the Devil's AHL affiliate, the Lowell Devils, after training camp. He succeeded at the AHL level, making the PlanetUSA all-star team. During his rookie professional season in 2006–07, he was called up for a short stint to replace the injured Johnny Oduya. Though Greene played well and showed considerable promise, he was reassigned to Lowell upon Oduya's return. Later in the season, he was again recalled when Colin White was injured. When the 2007 playoffs began, the NHL salary cap no longer applied, allowing the Devils to add Greene to their permanent roster. With the return of injured defenseman Richard Matvichuk, it appeared as though Greene would sit. However, an injury to Colin White allowed Greene to remain on the roster. During this period, Greene played so well that, upon White's return, Oduya was scratched instead of Greene.
On July 1, 2011, Greene was signed to a four-year contract extension with the Devils.
Regular season and playoffs
|2002–03||Miami Univ. RedHawks||CCHA||41||4||19||23||64||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Miami Univ. RedHawks||CCHA||41||7||19||26||78||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Miami Univ. RedHawks||CCHA||38||7||27||34||66||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Miami Univ. RedHawks||CCHA||39||9||22||31||48||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||New Jersey Devils||NHL||23||1||5||6||6||11||2||1||3||2|
|2007–08||New Jersey Devils||NHL||59||2||8||10||22||2||0||0||0||0|
|2008–09||New Jersey Devils||NHL||49||2||7||9||22||3||0||1||1||0|
|2009–10||New Jersey Devils||NHL||78||6||31||37||14||5||1||1||2||6|
|2010–11||New Jersey Devils||NHL||82||4||19||23||22||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||New Jersey Devils||NHL||56||1||15||16||16||24||0||1||1||8|
|2012–13||New Jersey Devils||NHL||48||4||12||16||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||New Jersey Devils||NHL||82||8||24||32||32||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||New Jersey Devils||NHL||82||3||19||22||20||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
- April 4, 2006 - Signed by the New Jersey Devils as a free agent.
- June 13, 2007 - Re-signed by the New Jersey Devils to a two-year, $1.4 million contract.
- July 1, 2011 - Re-signed by the New Jersey Devils to a four-year, $12 million contract.
- July 30, 2014 - Re-signed by the New Jersey Devils to a five-year, $25 million contract.
- "Devils re-sign defenseman Greene and Goalie Hedberg". The Sports Network. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "All-CCHA Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
|Awards and achievements|
A. J. Thelen
|CCHA Best Offensive Defenseman
|CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman
|New Jersey Devils captain