|Milwaukee Brewers – No. 49|
|Born:April 2, 1977|
Andy Haines (born April 2, 1977) is an American professional baseball coach and manager. He is the hitting coach for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball (MLB). He also served on the MLB coaching staff of the Chicago Cubs.
Haines attended Eastern Illinois University, and played college baseball for the Eastern Illinois Panthers as a catcher. After graduating from Eastern Illinois, he served as an assistant for the baseball team at Olney Central College. He joined the Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) baseball team as a graduate assistant in 2002. He spent three years at Middle Tennessee, earning a master's degree.
Haines spent two years as the manager of the summer-collegiate Waterloo Bucks in 2003 and 2004, and served as a hitting coach with the independent-league Gary SouthShore RailCats of the Northern League in 2005 and 2006. He debuted as a manager for the Windy City ThunderBolts of the independent Frontier League in 2007. He became a hitting coach in the Miami Marlins' organization in 2008, working for the Gulf Coast Marlins of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League. The next year, he managed the Jamestown Jammers of the Class A-Short Season New York-Penn League. Haines managed the Greensboro Grasshoppers of the Class A South Atlantic League in 2010 and 2011, leading the team to the league's championship in 2011. The next two seasons, he managed the Jupiter Hammerheads of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League. He managed the New Orleans Zephyrs of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League in 2014 and 2015. In 2016, the Cubs hired Haines as their minor league hitting instructor. After the 2017 season, the Cubs promoted him to their major league staff as their assistant hitting coach.
Haines is from Louisville, Illinois. He met his wife, Erin, while at MTSU. They have three children. His younger brother, Kyle, manages the Richmond Flying Squirrels of the Class AA Eastern League.
- "New Orleans Zephyrs introduce Andy Haines as new manager". NOLA.com. January 22, 2014. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "Zephyrs manager Haines had coaching stint at MTSU". Dnj.com. July 22, 2015. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "Haines to return as Zephyrs manager in 2015". MiLB.com. January 29, 2015. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "Source: Zephyrs manager Andy Haines leaves to take post with Chicago Cubs | Baby Cakes". theadvocate.com. April 22, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- Madeline Kenney email (May 7, 2016). "Cubs clean house on coaching staff: fire 2 more coaches, hire 2 others". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
| Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach
| Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach