|Born||Andrew A. Heyward
February 19, 1949
New York City, New York
|Occupation||Producer, writer, CEO|
Andrew A. "Andy" Heyward (born February 19, 1949) is the former Chairman and CEO of DIC Entertainment (now part of DHX Media), an animation production company. He is currently CEO of Genius Brands International.
In 1986, Heyward and other investors bought the DIC Enterprises from CLT. Heyward sold a majority interest in DiC to Capital Cities/ABC in 1993. In 2000 with two venture capital firms, Heyward re-purchased DIC Enterprises. On June 20, 2008, Heyward announced that he was selling DIC Entertainment to Cookie Jar Group.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Ex-Governator Partners For TV Toon Series –". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- "Andy Heyward Biography (1949-)". Filmreference.com. 1949-02-19. Retrieved 2011-04-07.
- DiOrio, Carl (Sep 18, 2000). "Bain backing buyout of DIC". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- "Cookie Jar, DIC Entertainment to Merge". Broadcasting and Cable (NewBay Media). Jun 20, 2008. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- Truitt, Brian (2010-02-22). "Meet Stan Lee's newest super-team, 'Super Seven'". USA TODAY. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Bond, Paul (2013-11-15). "Genius Brands Merges With Andy Heyward's A Squared Entertainment". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-11-16.