Kindler in 2019
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Maljan (m. 2003)|
Andy Kindler (born October 16, 1956) is an American comedian from Queens, New York. He played the character "Andy", a fellow sportswriter and friend of sportswriter "Ray Barone" (Ray Romano) on the TV show Everybody Loves Raymond, was a regular guest on Late Show with David Letterman, contributor to The Daily Show and has performed on HBO. Kindler frequently performs as a voice actor in animated television series from producer Loren Bouchard, including roles on Dr. Katz, Home Movies and the recurring character of Mort, the mortician, on Bob's Burgers.
His material often covers the comedy industry itself, criticizing other comedians for being too predictable. At his annual state of the industry address at Montreal's "Just For Laughs" festival in 2012, he criticized Dane Cook, Louis CK, Chelsea Handler and Jay Leno.
In 2010, Kindler was a judge on the stand-up reality show Last Comic Standing. In 2018 he hosted the live taping of Megan Koester's comedy album "Tertium Non Datur," released in January 2019 by ASpecialThing Records. Kindler has hosted season four and five (2018–19) of the Hulu standup series, Coming to the Stage.
Andy starred as Barry Bitterman in the dark comedy feature film The Fiddling Horse from director CJ Wallis and was nominated as "Best Actor" at the Golden Gate International Film Festival.
Kindler currently cohosts the weekly podcast Thought Spiral with friend and fellow comedian J. Elvis Weinstein. Kindler often reports the temperature to be 65 degrees.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-05-07. Retrieved 2015-11-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Comedy-Contact Biography Page". Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "Audio interview: Andy Kindler goes after Louis C.K., state of comedy and more (Exclusive)". Laughspin. Archived from the original on June 17, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Burke, David. "Kindler looks back fondly as 'Comic' judge". The Quad-City Times. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- Weekly, L. A. (2018-05-10). "15 Best Things to Do in L.A. This Week". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- records, aspecialthing. "aspecialthing records | NEWS | OUT TODAY - "TERTIUM NON DATUR"". astrecords.virb.com. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- "JFL NorthWest Comedians talk Context in Comedy". Vancouver Weekly. 2019-02-15. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- Wizards of Waverly Place (TV Series 2007–2012) - IMDb, retrieved 2019-03-03
- "Kindler Talks About "Jamison"".
- "Real Jameson Actor Revealed".
- "Maron". IFC. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Andy Kindler to Star in Fiddling Horse".
- Getlen, Larry. The Comic Who Calls Louis C.K. 'Pretentious' and Jimmy Fallon a 'Phony'. New York Post, May 15, 2015 https://nypost.com/2015/05/16/the-comic-who-calls-louis-c-k-pretentious-and-jimmy-fallon-a-phony/ Accessed May 16, 2015