20 November 1962 |
|Genres||Progressive Metal, Progressive rock, Musical|
|Labels||Frontiers Records, InsideOut|
|Associated acts||Vanden Plas, Jesus Christ Superstar, Abydos, Missa Mercuria, Amaseffer|
Andy Kuntz is a German Progressive Metal singer best known for his work with the band Vanden Plas. In addition to his work with Vanden Plas he has also participated in a production of the musical Jesus Christ Superstar.
Andy Kuntz was born on 20 November 1962 in Kaiserslautern, Germany  Since age 14, he has been interested in singing and he always wanted to be a “big rock star”. When he was a teenager he was in a garage punk rock band called Rock Zock. He has said his main influences are Kansas, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Genesis, Magnum, and Sting. Kuntz is a first cousin of former German international footballer Stefan Kuntz.
Formation of Vanden Plas
When Kuntz was in school, drummer Andreas Lill heard Kuntz singing in his punk band, Rock Zock. Kuntz didn't like the kind of music that Rock Zock was playing, and Lill asked him to sing for his band, which was called Exodus at the time. When the question of a new name came up, they were inspired by a car maker they saw (Vanden Plas), and they thought that it would be an interesting band name.
With Vanden Plas
- Colour Temple -(1994)
- AcCult -(1996, acoustic EP)
- The God Thing -(1997)
- Far Off Grace -(1999)
- Spirit of Live -(2000, live album)
- Beyond Daylight -(2002)
- Christ 0 -(2006)
- The Seraphic Clockwork -(2010)
- Abydos: The Little Boy’s Heavy Mental Shadow Opera About The Inhabitants Of His Diary -(2004)
With Missa Mercuria
- Missa Mercuria -(2002)
- Andy Kuntz interview, by Joshua Turner. Archived 19 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Titus, Christa (2004). "Abydos: the Little Boy's Heavy Mental Shadow Opera About the Inhabitants of His Diary". Billboard. 116 (39).
- Andy Kuntz bio. Archived 15 August 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
|This article about a German singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|