Andy Lynch (rugby league)
Lynch playing for the Bradford Bulls
20 October 1979 |
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb) |
|As of 04/04/2016
Andy Lynch (born 20 October 1979) is an English professional rugby league footballer for Castleford Tigers in the Super League. He previously played for Bradford Bulls and Hull F.C.. He plays as a Prop.
Lynch started his career at Castleford Tigers in 1999. Lynch was named in the England 'A' squad for their match against New Zealand and for the South Seas tour at the end of the 2002 season, and the following year was part of the squad that won the European Nations Cup.
In 2003, he was selected in the Super League Dream Team. In the same year Lynch was also awarded the Tigers Player of the Year award. During his time at Castleford, Lynch was also selected for England, and played as a substitute in Yorkshire's 56-6 victory over Lancashire at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on 2 July 2003.
Lynch signed for the Bradford Bulls in 2004, following Castleford's relegation from the Super League. As 2005 Super League champions, Bradford faced National Rugby League premiers Wests Tigers in the 2006 World Club Challenge. Lynch played as a prop forward in the Bulls' 30-10 victory. In 2006 he won several club awards for his performances, including Supporters' Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, BISA Player of the Year and Best Forward of the Year.
Lynch also played for Northern Union side against the All Golds in October 2007.
Return to Castleford
Lynch returned to Castleford in 2014 and played a major part in their season, including an appearance in the 2014 Challenge Cup final.
- "Castleford Tigers 1st Team Andy Lynch". Official Castleford Tigers web site. Castleford Tigers Rugby League Football Club Ltd. 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Rugby League Project
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at thecastlefordtigers.co.uk". thecastlefordtigers.co.uk ℅ web.archive.org. 31 December 2013. Archived from the original on April 15, 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Eight new faces in Lions squad". BBC. 2007-06-12. Archived from the original on 26 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "Deacon pulls out of England squad". BBC. 2008-09-16. Archived from the original on 23 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Hull FC sign Andy Lynch from Bradford Bulls". BBC. 2011-09-22. Retrieved 2011-09-22.