|Member of the Michigan House of Representatives
from the 27th district
|Preceded by||Gilda Jacobs|
|Succeeded by||Ellen Cogen Lipton|
Andrew Meisner (born March 30, 1973) is a politician from Ferndale, Michigan. He is a former Democratic Party member of the Michigan State House of Representatives. He currently serves as the Oakland County Treasurer, having been elected to this position in 2008, and soundly re-elected in 2012.
While in college, Meisner was an aide to Congressmen Sander Levin and David Obey. After graduating, he became Congressman Levin's policy analyst for issues concerning criminal justice, mental health, unemployment insurance, and foreign affairs. Meisner was then elected vice president of the national, non-profit Drug-Free Kids Campaign, or CADCA.
In 2001, Meisner returned to Michigan to work as a corporate communications director for a real estate firm.
Meisner was elected to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2002. Since then he has become the Assistant Democratic Leader and the Vice-Chair of the House Commerce Committee and Ethics, Oversight and Campaign Finance Committee, and serving as a member of the Tax Policy Committee.
Meisner was awarded the "Rising Star Award" in 2005 from the 21st Century Democrats. Meisner is an advocate for easing restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.
After serving the maximum number of 3 terms in the State House under term limits, In November 2008, Meisner ran against the incumbent Oakland County Treasurer and won.
In September 2009, Governor Granholm named Meisner to the Michigan Land Bank Fast Track Authority 
In November 2012, Meisner ran for re-election against term-limited State Representative Marty Knollenberg (R)-Troy and convincingly defeated him by 7 points.
- 2012 election for Oakland County Treasurer
- Andy Meisner (D), 53%
- Marty Knollenberg (R), 46%
- 2008 election for Oakland County Treasurer
- Andy Meisner (D), 52%
- Pat Dohany (R), 47%
- 2006 election for State House
- Andy Meisner (D), 79%
- Will Sears (R), 21%
- 2004 election for State House
- Andy Meisner (D), 73%
- William Axtell (R), 24%
- Lloyd Sherman (L), 3%
- 2002 election for State House
- Andy Meisner (D), 70%
- Keith Sanford (R), 26%
- Art Myatt (G), 3%
- "2004 Official Michigan General Election Results - 27th District State Representative 2 Year Term (1) Position Files In OAKLAND County". http://miboecfr.nicusa.com (website).
- "2002 Official Michigan General Election Results - 27th District State Representative 2 Year Term (1) Position Files In OAKLAND County". http://miboecfr.nicusa.com (website).