|Irish name||Aindriu Ó Morain|
2 November 1983|
Castlebar, Mayo, Ireland
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Occupation||Co–Owner of The Movement Castlebar|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 11:34: 16 September 2018.|
Andy Moran (born November 2, 1983) is a Gaelic footballer who plays club football for Ballaghaderreen and intercounty for Mayo. He made his 150th league and championship appearance for Mayo in June 2017, his 13th season.
Although Ballaghaderreen town was transferred from County Mayo to County Roscommon under the Local Government (Ireland) Act 1898, the GAA club competes in Mayo and many of its players declare for that county. As in this case, Moran chose to play for Mayo, this decision has been received negativey from Roscommon GAA supporters. Roscommon GAA condemned fans who booed Moran in a 2017 All-Ireland quarter-final match against Mayo.
In 2012, Moran, a former vice-captain, was named captain of the Mayo senior team. He then injured himself in the 53rd minute of the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship quarter-final defeat of Down, having to be stretchered off the field of play and left lying on a medical trolley in the tunnel of Croke Park with ice strapped to his knee. As a result, he missed the rest of the season, including the 2012 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final against Donegal, after undergoing surgery on his torn cruciate knee ligament. he returned against Galway in the 2013 Connacht quarter final and scored as Mayo won 4-16 1-11 points. He was the highest scoring Mayo forward in the 2013 All-Ireland, playing a captain's part. Moran was starting against Dublin in the All-Ireland final in 2016, but his team was defeated by a one-point margin. Coincidentally the following year Mayo lost again against Dublin in the 2017 All-Ireland final by another one-point margin.
- Connacht Senior Football Championship (8): 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Sigerson Cup (3): 2004, 2005, 2008
- Connacht Under-21 Football Championship (2): 2003, 2004
- Connacht Minor Football Championship (2): 2000, 2001
- Mayo Senior Football Championship (2): 2008, 2012
- All Star (2): 2011, 2017
- Footballer of the Year (1): 2017
- All-Ireland Senior Football Championship: Runner-Up (6): 2004, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017
- O'Toole, Fintan (2 August 2017). "Roscommon players and management condemn booing of Mayo forward Andy Moran last Sunday". TheJournal.ie. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Donegal trio named in All Star Football selection". BBC Sport. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Dublin dominate All-Stars". Irish Examiner. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Moran confirmed as Mayo captain". Irish Examiner. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Kelly, Liam (4 August 2012). "Mayo edge out Down in epic quarter final". Irish Independent. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Crowe, Marie (5 August 2012). "Moran blow darkens mood". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Mayo captain Moran undergoes surgery". Sports News Ireland. 5 September 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Injured Mayo skipper Andy Moran over All-Ireland final disappointment". RTÉ Sport. RTÉ. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
|This Connacht Gaelic football biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|