December 3, 1987 |
|June 25, 2010 for the Detroit Tigers|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||7.11|
|Competitor for United States|
|World University Championship|
|2008 Brno||National team|
Andrew Allen Oliver (born December 3, 1987) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is currently with the Baltimore Orioles organization of Major League Baseball. He made his major league debut with the Detroit Tigers on June 25, 2010.
Oliver was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 17th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign, opting instead to attend Oklahoma State University, where he played on the Oklahoma State Cowboys baseball team.
Oliver was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in 2008, resulting from an allegation by a potential agent. He sued the NCAA, and received a settlement of $750,000.
He was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the second round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his major league debut on June 25, 2010. Oliver made five starts for the Tigers in 2010 before being sent back down to the Toledo Mud Hens on July 19.
In December 2012, Oliver was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Ramón Cabrera. He spent the 2013 season with the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians. He was outrighted to Indianapolis Indians on March 29, 2014.
Tampa Bay Rays
He signed a minor league deal with the Tampa Bay Rays on April 17, 2015. Oliver pitched for the Durham Bulls of the Class AAA International League, until he opted out of his contract in July and was granted free agency.
Oliver signed a minor league deal with the Baltimore Orioles on July 17, 2015.
Oliver is engaged to former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Lauren Williams.
- N.C.A.A. to Pay Former Oklahoma State Pitcher $750,000
- Tigers sign top picks Jacob Turner, Andrew Oliver
- Source: Tigers to call up lefty Oliver
- Galarraga recalled, Oliver optioned MLB.com July 19, 2010
- Chris Vannini (2011-05-28). "Perry optioned to Toledo, Oliver recalled". MLB.com. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Pirates Acquire Andy Oliver". December 5, 2012.
- "2014 Rule 5 Draft results". MLB.com. December 11, 2014.
- Polishuk, Mark; Johnson, Brad (April 4, 2015). "Minor Moves: Tomas, Oliver, Brignac, Zito, White, LaHair, Capps". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved April 5, 2015.