7 July 1969 |
Vancouver, British Columbia
Andy Quan (born 7 July 1969 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada), is a Chinese-Canadian author who now lives in Sydney, Australia. In his writing, he frequently explores the ways in which sexual identity and cultural identity interact. Quan is openly gay.
In addition to his writing, Quan is a musician and community activist. He was the first ever full-time paid employee of ILGA and has worked as a policy writer and project manager on issues related to the global HIV epidemic. He now works as an editor and copywriter.
- ed. by Andy Quan & Jim Wong-Chu. (1999), Swallowing Clouds: An Anthology of Chinese-Canadian Poetry, Arsenal Pulp Press, ISBN 1-55152-073-7 (with Jim Wong-Chu)
- Andy Quan. (2001), Calendar Boy, New Star Books, ISBN 0-921586-82-5 (short fiction collection)
- Andy Quan. (2001), Slant, Nightwood Editions, ISBN 0-88971-179-8 (poetry)
- Andy Quan. (2005), Six Positions: Sex Writing by Andy Quan, Green Candy Press, ISBN 1-931160-36-8 (erotica)
- Andy Quan. (2007), Bowling Pin Fire, Signature Editions, ISBN 1-897109-22-9 (poetry)
- ed, Andy Quan. (2008), Corpus: An HIV Prevention Publication, Vol. 6, No. 1, AIDS Project Los Angeles, ISBN 1-897109-22-9 (journal)
- Poetry International Web. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-06., Retrieved on 2011-03-06.
- Sullivan, Jane (25 July 2004), "Asian authors offer a new perspective of Australia", The Age, retrieved 2007-11-07
- The Advocate, 25 July 1995, p. 28
- Red Room Company. , Retrieved on 2011-03-06.
- www.site5.com. "Boldface". Boldface. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
|This article about a poet from Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|