|Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
March 18, 2015 – January 20, 2017
|Preceded by||Marilyn Tavenner|
|Succeeded by||Seema Verma|
|Spouse(s)||Lana Etherington (1996–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania (BS)|
Harvard University (MBA)
Andrew M. "Andy" Slavitt is a former Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a position he held from March 2015 to January 2017. A leader of the team which repaired healthcare.gov after its problematic rollout, he was nominated by Barack Obama to run CMS in July 2015.
After graduating from college, he was an investment banker with Goldman Sachs; after receiving his MBA he joined McKinsey & Company as a consultant. In 1999 he founded Health Allies, a healthcare company, and served as its CEO until 2003, when the company was acquired by UnitedHealth Group where he served as CEO of OptumInsight and the Group Executive Vice President for Optum, subsidiaries of UnitedHealth Group.
- Tracer, Zachary and spunce (July 9, 2015). "Obama Nominates Andy Slavitt to Run Medicare, Medicaid Agency". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- O'Donnell, Jayne (February 23, 2015). "Changes at the top of Medicare, Medicaid agency". USA Today. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Cooney, Peter (July 9, 2015). "Obamacare acting administrator Slavitt nominated to head agency". CNBC. Reuters. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Morgan, David (June 20, 2014). "U.S. creates new CEO position for Obamacare insurance market". Reuters. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Herzlinger, Regina E. (April 9, 2004). Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers. Jossey Bass. p. 137. ISBN 0787952583. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- HME News Staff (July 10, 2015). "Obama makes his pick for CMS administrator". HME News. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Pear, Robert (June 20, 2014). "Health Site Is Changing Supervision". New York Times. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Crosby, Jackie (June 20, 2014). "Optum executive takes federal appointment". Minneapolis Star Tribune. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Pennsylvania Gazette: "Andrew Slavitt, C/W'88, married Lana Etherington in Santa Barbara, Calif., on September 8, 1996" retrieved October 15, 2016
- Hakol: Temple Israel Bulletin April 2011 / Adar II – Nisan 5771
| Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the federal government of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|