Andy Sullivan (golfer)
Sullivan at the KLM Open in 2014
|Full name||Andrew Michael Sullivan|
|Born||19 May 1987|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb; 11.3 st)|
|Current tour(s)||European Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||T48: 2017|
|PGA Championship||T49: 2016|
|U.S. Open||T23: 2016|
|The Open Championship||T12: 2016|
Sullivan had a successful amateur career before turning professional. He won the individual title in the Tailhade Cup in Argentina in 2010, and had a win in Australia. Sullivan's biggest win as an amateur came at the 2011 Scottish Amateur Open Stroke Play, Championship
In 2014, Sullivan finished 33rd on the Race to Dubai including a second-place finishing at the Trophée Hassan II, a third place at the KLM Open, and three more top-10 placements. During that season, Sullivan hit a hole-in-one at the KLM Open earning him a flight into space.
Sullivan's first European Tour win came in January 2015 at the South African Open. Sullivan won the event in a playoff against South African Charl Schwartzel who had started the final round seven strokes ahead of Sullivan. Sullivan quickly followed this success with wins at the 2015 Joburg Open in March and the Portugal Masters in October, which was a wire-to-wire victory by nine strokes. He became the first man to record three victories on the European Tour in 2015, finishing with an 8th place in the final Order of Merit and a best placement of 47th in the Official World Golf Ranking.
Thanks to his results on the 2015 and 2016 seasons of the European Tour he obtained an automatic selection for the 2016 Ryder Cup.
He is currently sponsored by RSM.
- 2010 individual title in the Tailhade Cup
- 2011 Scottish Amateur Stroke Play Championship
Professional wins (3)
European Tour wins (3)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||11 Jan 2015||South African Open Championship1||−11 (66-70-74-67=277)||Playoff||Charl Schwartzel|
|2||1 Mar 2015||Joburg Open1||−17 (71-65-68-66=270)||2 strokes|| Wallie Coetsee, David Howell,|
Kevin Phelan, Jaco van Zyl,
|3||18 Oct 2015||Portugal Masters||−23 (64-64-67-66=261)||9 strokes||Chris Wood|
1Co-sanctioned with the Sunshine Tour.
European Tour playoff record (1–0)
|1||2015||South African Open Championship||Charl Schwartzel||Won with birdie on first extra hole|
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||T30||T12||T70||CUT|
|The Open Championship|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
|The Open Championship||0||0||0||0||0||1||4||3|
- Most consecutive cuts made – 5 (2016 U.S. Open – 2017 Open Championship)
- Longest streak of top-10s – 0
Results in World Golf Championships
- "T" = tied
- EurAsia Cup (representing Europe): 2016 (winners)
- Ryder Cup (representing Europe): 2016
- World Cup (representing England): 2016
- "Andy Sullivan, European Tour profile". European Tour. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Sullivan takes Tailhade title in playoff". England Golf. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Andy Sullivan, European Tour biography". European Tour. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Northey, Ruth (18 October 2011). Whitaker's Almanack 2012. A & C Black. p. 1207. ISBN 9781408130124.
- Carter, Iain (11 September 2011). "Walker Cup 2011: GB&I beat USA at Royal Aberdeen". BBC Sport.
- "Andy Sullivan, European Tour career summary". European Tour. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Garrod, Mark (16 December 2012). "Schwartzel wraps up 2012 with emphatic 12-stroke win at Dunhill Championship". Daily Mail. London.
- "European Tour: Alejandro Canizares wins Trophee Hassan II". BBC Sport. 17 March 2014.
- Roopanarine, Les (14 September 2014). "Andy Sullivan hits hole-in-one at KLM Open to earn trip into space". The Guardian. London.
- Casey, Phil (11 January 2014). "Andy Sullivan seals first European Tour title with South African Open triumph". The Daily Mail. London.
- "Joburg Open success for Sullivan". The Sutton Guardian. 1 March 2015.
- "Sullivan wins by nine shots in Portugal". Yahoo Sports. 18 October 2015.