This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Timmons - live in Madrid 2010
|Born||July 26, 1963|
Evansville, Indiana, United States
|Genres||Instrumental rock, hard rock, glam metal|
|Associated acts||Danger Danger, G3|
Andy Timmons (born July 26, 1963) is an American guitarist who has played in the bands Danger Danger, Pawn Kings, and Andy Timmons Band (ATB). He has also released several solo albums and has worked as a session guitarist.
As guitarist for glam metal band Danger Danger, he toured the world opening for Kiss and Alice Cooper, sold over a million records worldwide, and had two #1 videos on MTV, and amassed a discography that includes seven solo releases that range from guitar instrumentals, to blues, and even a Beatles/Elvis Costello-inspired collection of pop tunes.
Timmons's many collaborations include a live CD with Olivia Newton-John (Timmons has been her music director-guitarist for many U.S. tours), two albums by Kip Winger, recording sessions for Paula Abdul and Paul Stanley, and radio and television jingles. He has also played alongside Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Eric Johnson, Steve Morse, Mike Stern, Ace Frehley, Ted Nugent, Reb Beach, and Pierre Bensusan, as well as some of his favorite 1960s singing stars such as the Beach Boys, Lesley Gore, and Gordon Waller.
Playing with drummer/bandleader Simon Phillips on four albums between 1997 and 2015, Timmons demonstrated a range extending well beyond rock and pop music, delivering energetic jazz fusion that earned both critical and audience acclaim.
The Andy Timmons Band released their new album, entitled "Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper" on October 25, 2011.
Andy also contributed the "Grabbag" music to the video game Duke Nukem Forever in 2011.
On September 30, 2016, the Andy Timmons Band released their new album, Theme from a Perfect World.
- Ear X-Tacy (1994)
- Ear X-Tacy 2 (1997)
- Orange Swirl (1998)
- The Spoken and the Unspoken (1999)
- Here Comes the Son - An Acoustic Christmas (2006)
- And-Thology 1 & 2 (2001)
- That Was Then, This Is Now (2002)
- Another Lifetime (1998)
- Out of the Blue (Live, 1999)
- Protocol II (2013)
- Protocol III (2015)
Andy Timmons Band
- Resolution (2006)
- Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper (2011)
- Theme from a Perfect World (2016)
- "Andy Timmons :: Bio". Andytimmons.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- Knipe, Sandra (13 April 1989). "Guitarist Andy Timmons finds himself in Danger, Danger". Evansville Press.
- "4 Days of Guitar Pleasure". The G4 Experience. 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "My Self (Wants to Kill Me)". YouTube. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
Tony "Bruno" Rey
| Danger Danger Guitarist