Andy Warhol's Bad
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Andy Warhol's Bad|
|Directed by||Jed Johnson|
|Produced by||Jeff Tormberg
|Written by||Pat Hackett
|Music by||Mike Bloomfield|
|Edited by||David McKenna|
|Distributed by||New World Pictures|
Andy Warhol's Bad is a 1977 comedy film, directed by Jed Johnson, starring Carroll Baker, Perry King and Susan Tyrrell. It was written by Pat Hackett and George Abagnalo, and was the last film produced by Andy Warhol before his death in 1987.
The opening screening in May 1977 attracted over 750 people, including Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Julie Christie, and George Cukor. Tyrrell won the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.
The story, which like many soap operas includes numerous subplots involving shady characters, focuses on Hazel Aiken (Carroll Baker), a Queens housewife and hairdresser who runs an electrolysis parlor in her home. She makes extra money by operating a murder-for-hire service, connecting clients with sociopathic hitwomen who perform horrific jobs like killing babies and house pets. Hazel receives unwanted attention from Detective Hughes (Charles McGregor), a corrupt cop who wants her to surrender one of her employees so he can make an arrest. Her nephew J.T. (Perry King), a sleazy drifter who wants to join her hit squad, is assigned the job of killing an autistic boy. The bodies pile up, and Hazel finally pays for her cold-blooded racket with her life.
- Carroll Baker - Hazel Aiken
- Perry King - L.T.
- Susan Tyrrell - Mary Aiken
- Stefania Casini - P.G.
- Cyrinda Foxe - R.C.
- Susan Blond - Baby-Killing Mother 
- Matthew Anton - Drugstore Boy
- Cathy Roskam - Drugstore Mother
- Mary Boylan - Grandmother
- Gordon Oas-Heim - Mr. Aiken
- Michael Forella - Ice Cream Counterman
- Kitty Bruce - Karla
- Tere Tereba - Ingrid Joyner
- Renee Paris - Sara Leachman
- John Starke - Joe Leachman
- Lawrence Tierney - O'Reilly-O'Crapface
- Ruth Jaroslow - Electrolysis Patient
- Tamara Horrocks - Angry Mother
- Charles McGregor - Detective Hughes
|This film article about a 1970s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|