Andy Williams' Newest Hits
|Andy Williams' Newest Hits|
|Compilation album by Andy Williams|
|Andy Williams chronology|
Andy Williams' Newest Hits is a compilation album by American pop singer Andy Williams that was released early in 1966 by Columbia Records and was the first LP to compile the singer's Columbia material. Seven of the 12 tracks had reached the charts in Billboard magazine, and another had been released as a single in the UK. Three album cuts were also included along with a recent B-side.
The album made its debut on the Billboard Top LP's chart in the issue dated February 5, 1966, and remained there for 23 weeks, peaking at number 23. A similar collection entitled May Each Day entered the UK album chart the following month, on March 19, and reached number 11 over the course of six weeks. While the cover photo and design of the two releases were the same, there were only five songs that they had in common.
Andy Williams' Newest Hits was issued on compact disc for the first time as one of two albums on one CD by Collectables Records on February 5, 2002, the other album being Williams's Columbia release from the fall of 1962, Warm and Willing. Collectables included this CD in a box set entitled Classic Album Collection, Vol. 2, which contains 15 of his studio albums and two compilations and was released on November 29, 2002.
Billboard magazine described the album as "one of the finest romantic mood albums in the Williams catalog."
- "I'll Remember You" (Kui Lee) – 2:31
- "Almost There" from I'd Rather Be Rich (Jerry Keller, Gloria Shayne) – 2:59
- "A Fool Never Learns" (Sonny Curtis) – 2:01
- "Noelle" (Edward Pola, George Wyle) – 2:48
- "On the Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady (Alan Jay Lerner, Frederick Loewe) – 3:12
- "Red Roses for a Blue Lady" (Roy C. Bennett, Sid Tepper) – 2:27
- "Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (Corcovado)" (Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gene Lees) – 3:00
- "The Wonderful World of the Young" (Roy C. Bennett, Sid Tepper) – 2:31
- "Don't You Believe It" (Burt Bacharach, Bob Hilliard) – 2:29
- "...and Roses and Roses" (Dorival Caymmi, Ray Gilbert)) – 2:25
- "Emily" from The Americanization of Emily (Johnny Mandel, Johnny Mercer) – 2:22
- "May Each Day" from The Andy Williams Show (Mort Green, George Wyle) – 2:54
- (2002) Album notes for Warm and Willing/Newest Hits by Andy Williams [CD booklet]. New York: Sony Music.
- "Andy Williams' Newest Hits - Andy Williams". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- (1966) Andy Williams' Newest Hits by Andy Williams [album jacket]. New York: Columbia Records CS 9183.
- "Album Reviews". Billboard. 1966-01-29. p. 72.
- Whitburn 2010, p. 845.
- "Andy Williams". Chart Stats. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- (1966) May Each Day by Andy Williams [album jacket]. London, CBS Records SBPG62658.
- "Warm and Willing/Newest Hits". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Classic Album Collection, Vol. 2". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- (2002) Album notes for The Complete Columbia Chart Singles Collection by Andy Williams [CD booklet]. New York: Sony Music Special Products A2 52310.
- Whitburn 2009, pp. 1059–1060.
- Whitburn 2007, p. 295.