|First appearance||Fantastic Four #37 (April 1965)|
|Created by||Stan Lee (writer)
Jack Kirby (artist)
|Team affiliations||Skrull Empire|
Fictional character biography
From the beginning, she was depicted as being frequently opposed to her father Dorrek VII's policies, and preferring peace to the aggressive military policies that her father enacts.
She fell in love with Warlord Morrat, but he was executed for treason by firing a squad after a failed coup d'état against Emperor Dorrek VII. She leaps in front of the weapons fire in order try and save Morrat but the Invisible Woman, a member of the Fantastic Four, surrounds Anelle with a force field, saving her life.
The Super-Skrull, Kl'rt, fell in love with her and was a suitor for her hand, but she saw nothing in him and rejected him. He later captured Captain Marvel, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in an attempt to win her hand but her father interpreted it as an attempt to usurp him and instead imprisoned Kl'rt.
Later, during the Kree-Skrull War, when the Kree Captain Marvel is imprisoned, the two fell in love and have an illicit relationship. Hulkling, who would later become part of the superhero team Young Avengers, was the product of that relationship. Anelle's father condemned the child to death as soon as he learned that Mar-Vell was the father but Anelle sent her nurse to smuggle the child off-world and reunite him with his father. Instead, he ended up hidden away on the planet Earth.
Anelle's mother R'Klll murders her husband to become ruling Empress of the Skrull Empire. Galactus later sets his sights on the Skrull Throneworld. Anelle perishes, along with her mother and billions of other Skrulls, when the world is devoured.
In other media
- Anelle appears in the 1967 Fantastic Four episode "Behold, A Distant Star," voiced by Ginny Tyler.
- Anelle appears in the 1994 Fantastic Four episode "Behold, A Distant Star," voiced by Mary Kay Bergman. Just like the comics, she was in love with Warlord Morrat until his death.
- Anelle appears in The Super Hero Squad Show episode "Another Order of Evil" Pt. 1, voiced by Tara Strong. She is shown as the princess of the Skrulls.
- Fantastic Four #37 (April 1965)
- Captain Marvel #2 (June 1968)
- Avengers #94 (Dec. 1971)
- Avengers #97 (March 1972)
- Young Avengers #11 (May 2006)
- Young Avengers #10 (March 2006)
- Fantastic Four #209 (Aug. 1979)
- Fantastic Four #257 (Aug. 1983)
- Anelle at Marvel.com
- Anelle at the Comic Book Database
- Anelle at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
|This Marvel Comics supervillain-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|