Angélica Negrón (born in 1981) is a Puerto Rican composer. She writes music for various instruments, including: accordions, toys and electronics, and robotic instruments. Negrón uses an extended technique, incorporating unusual sounds and instruments into her music. Her many works have been performed at music festivals and concerts.
Angélica Negrón is a Puerto Rican native, born in San Juan, who currently lives in Brooklyn, New York. As a child, Negrón studied piano and violin at the Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico. She earned her master's degree at New York University and is working on her doctoral degree in music composition at City University of New York as of 2016. She educates at New York Philharmonic's Very Young Composers Program, Lincoln Center Education, The Little Orchestra Society, and co-founded the Spanish immersion music program for young children. Negrón was selected for a Van Lier Fellowship Program in 2014-2015 and a New York Foundation for the Arts Artist Fellowship in 2016.
Negrón composed pieces for various art forms and entertainment including Memories of a Penitent Heart and Los Condenados. She has been featured in concerts and music festivals including the “Ecstatic Music Festival 2012," MATA Festival 2011, and Bang on a Can Summer Festival 2011. Her collection of instruments began with a Strawberry Shortcake music box, and has expanded with the addition of bells, trumpet, voice box, and whistles. She performs with Balún, an electro-acoustic pop band, and her chamber ensemble, Arturo en el barco. Negrón's music is published by Good Child Music.
- Small Dream in Red (2005)
- PSR (2007)
- What Keeps Me Awake (2008)
- Me He Perdido (2015)
- Triste Silencio Programático (2002)
- En el recreo (2003)
- Tres insultos para dos violines (2004)
- Círculo cromático en seis partes (2005)
- The Flying Trapeze (2008)
- They Swim Under My Bed (2008)
- Count To Five (2009)
- Drawings for Meyoko (2009)
- Fulano (2009)
- What I’m Trying To Say Is… (2009)
- Quimbombó (2010)
- There and Not Here (2014)
- Cosmorama (2015)
- dóabin (2015)
- Dust (2015)
- This Person (2016)
- Sueño recurrente No. 1: veo carros fantasmas (2002)
- La bicicleta de cristal (2003)
- Alguien sube por el camino inventado (2005)
- Mercedes (2007)
- Columpio (2008)
- Fuchsia (2008)
- La intervención (2008)
- Technicolor (2008)
- I Can Still Hear You (2009)
- The Little Things (2011)
- The Peculiar Purple Pie-man of Porcupine Peak (2011)
- Panorama (2012)
- La Isla Mágica (2013)
- the place we are (2014)
- Las desaparecidas (2016)
- Catorce menos (2003)
- Pensamiento No. 1″ (2003)
- Malabarismos (2005)
- Parsimonia (2005)
- Mi Lumía (2009)
- FONO (2011)
- There Once Was… (2011)
- The Loveliest and Saddest Landscape in the World (2014)
- Casa Tomada (2006)
- Diario Vietnam (2004)
- How the Dodo Became Extinct (2005)
- Seva Vive (2006)
- The Sisterhood of Night (2006)
- Los Condenados (2012)
- Memories of a Penitent Heart (2016)
- "Angélica Negrón: Redefining Puerto Rican Music | Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños". centropr.hunter.cuny.edu. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- "Angélica Negrón". Good Child Music. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- "Van Lier Fellow: Angélica Negrón | American Composers Orchestra". Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- "New York Foundation for the Arts". www.nyfa.org. Retrieved 2016-12-11.