Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw
|Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw|
Sa bawat desisyon, puso ba ang magiging timbangan?
|Created by||Jimmy Duavit|
|Developed by||Gina Marissa Tagasa - Gil|
|Written by||Gina Marissa Tagasa - Gil|
|Directed by||Joyce Bernal
|Starring||Christopher de Leon
|Opening theme||"Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw"
Sung by Lani Misalucha
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||200|
|Executive producer(s)||Marjorie La Chica|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original release||July 8, 2002– April 11, 2003|
|Followed by||Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw Pa Rin|
Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw or My One And Only Love (International title) is the first ever cine novela in Philippine television. It was the grandest production GMA Network ever had with budget similar to a film project. Produced by GMA Network, Inc and directed by Joyce Bernal and Lore Reyes. Its story revolves around Lemuel (Christopher de Leon), Mia (Alice Dixon) and Waldo (Richard Gomez), whose lives and loves are intertwined because of the choices they make due to the ambitions they have set for themselves. It originally aired from July 8, 2002 to April 11, 2003. In 2006-2007, the series was re-aired internationally on GMA Pinoy TV. From July 13, 2010 until April 18, 2011, it was re-aired on GMA Life TV worldwide.
Mia Sandoval is a simple girl from the province who dreams and aspires for a more comfortable life. In its harsh reality, this is what her loving husband Waldo Sandoval could not provide. In life's most unforeseen events, Mia seeks out for what she deems a better life and wanders into the arms of Lemuel Verder, a wealthy engineer in the city. But now, as she's finally living the life she has longed for, Mia still feels empty. She is torn between the life she wants and the love she had. Would Mia figure out what it is she truly wants?
Cast of characters
- Richard Gomez as Waldo Sandoval - Mia Sandoval's loving husband. A caring father. A soft-spoken man who lack education but is blessed with a kind heart. He is a mangangabod or a gold diver whose only dream is to take away his family from the miserable state of poverty. But despite all his hard works, he still doesn't able to make ends meet. And to make matters worse, his wife abandoned him for another man.
- Alice Dixson as Mia Sandoval - Waldo's ambitious wife. She has a cynical view in life. Despite all the hard works of his husband, Waldo, their family is never able to make both ends meet, so she is bitter even if she's actually a loving person. The miserable life in Barrio Tapas is too much for her to bear, so when she meets Lemuel Verder and promised her a better life in Manila, she jumps at the chance. A decision that will make her life a nightmare.
- Christopher de Leon as Lemuel Verder - Mia's lover. A wealthy architect. A submissive son. He lives under the thumb of his domineering mother, Salud. Manipulated and controlled by his repressive mother, he dumps Mia and marries Madonna—which according to his mother is a "good catch".
- Lani Mercado as Madonna Verder - Lemuel Verder's arrogant and scheming wife. She marries Lemuel just to broaden their business empire. An arranged marriage that binds them... and also confronts them.
- Barbara Perez as Salud Verder - Lemuel Verder's greedy and over domineering mother. She is deeply religious but hard-hearted and highly-judgmental.
- Boots Anson-Roa as Feliza - Salud Verder's younger sister who also serves as her conscience. She knows everything about her sister... even her darkest secrets.
- Jackie Lou Blanco as Sabrina Villadolid - Enrico Villadolid's greedy, arrogant and social climber wife. She's a former "bar girl" who will do everything just for the love of money.
- Rio Locsin as Cita Almendraz - An elementary teacher. A single parent. She harbors special feelings for Waldo—an affection that turns into obsessions. She will do everything just to win Waldo's heart.
- Mark Gil as Enrico Villadolid - Sabrina Villadolid's loving husband and Waldo Sandoval's kind-hearted and supportive boss.
- Rosa Rosal as Lucing - Mia Sandoval's agonizing mother.
- Bembol Roco as Oscar - A former police man who will help Mia to escape from jail.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Liberty aka "Libay" - Waldo Sandoval's friend who becomes obsessed to him.
- Karen delos Reyes as Elmina Sandoval - Mia and Waldo's eldest daughter. At an early age, Elmina learned how to live all by herself. Her mother abandoned her and her father, Waldo, mysteriously disappeared in a tragic event. She harbors a deep anger towards Lemuel Verder—the man who ruined her family, as well as her life. Another series of unfortunate events lead Elmina to escape Barrio Tapas. She finds herself in Manila. Here she meets Anthony and Tristan—two gentlemen that will compete to win her heart.
- Chubi del Rosario as Anthony Verder - Madonna Verder's shy and quiet son to her ex-flame. He is a cripple who found peace and satisfaction through paintings. His boring and dull life suddenly becomes colorful when he meets Elmina.
- Polo Ravales as Tristan Villadolid - Enrico and Sabrina's one and only son. Handsome, free-spirited and blessed with a good heart. He immediately captured by Elmina's mesmerizing beauty and kindness.
- Krista Ranillo as Scarlet - Tristan's high-class, arrogant and domineering ex-girlfriend who will do everything just to win Tristan again.
- Anne Curtis as Rosanna Luarca
- Angel Locsin as Mariella Sandoval
- Johnny Revilla as Rodolfo Luarca
- AJ Eigenmann as Marcel Almendras
- Rey Emmanuel de Guzman as Daniel
- Valerie Concepcion as Lilian Almendras
- Mely Tagasa as Miling
- Lady Lee as Anna
- Ross Berenguel as Ivan
- Tommy Abuel as Atty. Cruz
- Anthony Roquel as Papu
- Armando Goyena † as Donato Verder
- Cris Daluz † as Roberto
- Empress Schuck as young Elmina
- Brian Homecillo as young Marcel
- Louise delos Reyes as young Stella
- Vangie Labalan as Yolanda Lujan
- Champagne Morales as Stella
- Aiza Marquez as Yasmin
- Created for TV by : GMA Entertainment TV Group
- Executive In Charge of Production : Wilma Galvante
- Produced by : Jimmy Duavit
- Executive Producer : Marjorie La Chica
- Director of Photography : Joe Tutanes
- Story by : Jimmy Duavit
- Written by : Gina Marissa Tagasa - Gil
- Directed by : Bb. Joyce Bernal and Lore Reyes
List of episodes
- Episode 1
Its story revolves around Lemuel (Christopher de Leon), Mia (Alice Dixon) and Waldo (Richard Gomez), whose lives and loves are intertwined because of the choices they make due to the ambitions they have set for themselves. Mia is an ambitious woman. Her husband Waldo is a "Mangangabod" or a gold diver who doesn't makes ends meet. Mia fall in love with Lemuel, a wealthy architect and decides to come with him in Manila and make their own family there...
- Episode 2
Mia leaves Waldo to go with Lemuel. She brings with her their son, Daniel.
- Episode 3
Waldo is deeply hurt when Mia leaves him for another man and resorts to the most extreme of solutions. Meanwhile, Lemuel brings Mia home to his mom and informs her that they indeed have a son.
- Episode 4
It has been years since Elmina lost her parents—Mia has run away and Waldo has supposedly claimed his life by jumping in the well. Elmina has been living now with her Lola Lucing.
- Episode 5
In love's most inscrutable workings, Mia and Lemuel find out they are not the match they thought they were and part ways.
- Episode 6
Lemuel is very well determined to keep Mia completely out of his life. He makes it his top priority to make sure she cannot and will not get her son back.
- Episode 7
Mia faces a massive heap of problems as she is charged with a jail sentence and a case filed against her. With no financial capacity to defend herself and people to turn to, how can Mia ever even survive this?
- Episode 8
Even her fellow inmates are convinced Mia is being set up. But what can Mia really do, where can she go for help? Meanwhile, in Barrio Tapas, Mia's mom suffers from another heart attack. Mia's world seems to crumble even more...
- Episode 9
After her grandmother's death, Salud asks Elmina to go live with her, though Elmina is having second thoughts about this. She knows that Salud is indeed related to Lemuel, the very reason why her mother left her father. On the other hand, Miling, Lemuel's house help, visits Mia in jail, and discloses a lot of revelations. Will all these new pieces of information ever help Mia?
- Episode 10
Against all her fixed pre-judgement, Elmina goes and lives with Salud. While Cita arranges Marcel to get a scholarship and therefore live in San Joaquin with the girl she wishes Marcel to marry.
- Episode 11
Elmina's classmates are spreading rumors that Elmina is apparently having an affair with a much older man. Cita finds a gun in Waldo's possession. Waldo tells Cita that he is reserving the gun for some unfinished business. Meanwhile, in jail, Mia battles the unpleasant threats of being a prisoner.
- Episode 12
Marcel gets into yet again another fight as he defends Elmina. While Elmina goes to San Joaquin with Salud.
- Episode 13
Oscar helps Mia escape prison. Meanwhile, Stella befriends Elmina.
- Episode 14
Stella asks Elmina to accompany her to go shopping, but all goes up in flames when a confrontation leads to a fight upon which the worst of circumstances follow.
- Episode 15
Elmina runs away from Tapas to escape all the accusations against her. While Mia tries to contact Lemuel, Oscar warns him against her.
- Episode 16
Elmina meets a girl on the ship and immediately becomes a friend. As Yasmin goes missing and escapes the authorities, Elmina assumes Yasmin's identity. During the frantic search for her friend, Elmina meets Tristan Villadolid at the ship.
- Episode 17
News spread out in Barrio Tapas that Elmina is dead and that she had jumped off the ship. Back in Manila, Elmina goes to Yasmin's aunt and introduces herself as Yasmin.
- Episode 18
Elmina goes to live with Yasmin's aunt, Sabrina. She also finds out that Tristan is Yasmin's cousin. Meanwhile, Oscar faces Lemuel.
- Episode 19
Stella's mother talks to Marcel. She informs him that they are taking back the scholarship that they are supposed to give him. During the conversation, Marcel learns a lot of things about his mother. Marcel spies on his mother and even travels to San Joaquin to see for himself where it is she has been going when she leaves Barrio Tapas.
- Episode 20
Marcel confronts his mother after seeing where she has been going all this time. Meanwhile, Mia escapes Oscar to go see her son, Daniel.
- Episode 21
Marcel learns life revealing truths from his mother. Meanwhile, Elmina is hoping that Yasmin's aunt would help her with her studies.
- Episode 22
Feliza visits Lemuel's family and starts asking about Mia and her son, Daniel. Mia is threatened by a man who is looking for money from Oscar and the woman Oscar has been living with for a year. Meanwhile, Elmina is denied of her request to go back to school.
- Episode 23
Feliza tells Lemuel that his secret is indeed safe with her. Lemuel convinces his mother to just let the property go and leave it with Feliza. The police search Oscar's house in suspicion and search of Mia's whereabouts. Meanwhile, Waldo tries to learn how to shoot a gun as he witnesses a murder.
- Episode 24
Sabrina goes to Lemuel's house and tells Madonna that she has a certain problem she can no longer remedy. Meanwhile, Elmina accompanies Enrico to a school to help her get in. One of the maids notices something amiss and starts asking Elmina about the truth.
- Episode 25
Waldo turns the murderer in to the soldiers who have been at the criminal's pursuit. Madonna sees Lemuel and his friend as they leave their bar.
- Episode 26
Madonna secretly follows Lemuel and discovers something. With this, Enrico practically finds out the same thing. Meanwhile, Daniel learns that Anthony can stand on his own and is in fact already well.
- Episode 27
Anthony strongly denies Daniel about the true facts of his physical condition. Waldo, recognized by an old friend from Barrio Tapas, becomes aware of this and tries his best to avoid him.
- Episode 28
Cita runs over Waldo's old friend with her car and believes that such act would go undiscovered. Salud changes her mind about transferring and changing her address. On the other hand, Mia is surprised to see a woman enter their house.
- Episode 29
Mia meets the woman and realizes who she actually is and her relationship to Oscar. Madonna talks to Feliza and learns that she knows the secret of Lemuel and of his mom.
- Episode 30
Feliza pays Salud a visit. Madonna confides to Sabrina of things she learns about Lemuel and his mom. Meanwhile, Marcel and his sister inform their mother that they are not ready to have another father.
- Episode 31
Lemuel calls Sabrina and asks if she has revealed anything to Madonna. Waldo tries to please Cita's children in effort to and make them comfortable with him.
- Episode 32
Lemuel learns from a friend that Mia was not the woman inside the house when it burned down. Meanwhile, Salud hears Madonna talking to Feliza and asks her the reason behind this.
- Episode 33
Madonna learns Salud's motives and Daniel's reason for being sick. While on the other hand, Lemuel gets an envelope with his and Sabrina's pictures in it.
- Episode 34
Waldo learns some truths from Lilian that would make him furious at Cita. Meanwhile, a family friend of Yasmin's sees Elmina and tells Sabrina who she really is.
- Episode 35
Feliza tells Madonna about Daniel's mother and denies the story that she is already dead. Meanwhile, Elmina goes off to find her mother.
- Episode 36
Madonna confronts Lemuel about Daniel's mother asking him the truth about her.
- Episode 37
Oscar asks Mia to marry him but she refuses. Oscar suspects that Mia is pregnant because of her mood swings. Meanwhile, Madonna is still mad at Lemuel for not telling her the truth.
- Episode 38
Waldo lands the job at the construction. Mia confirms that she is indeed pregnant. Meanwhile, armed men come looking for Oscar again.
- Episode 39
Sabrina catches Elmina going through her things and suspects her for thievery. Waldo is excited with his new work and even considers transferring to Manila.
- Episode 40
Waldo gate-crashes into Lemuel's party there and takes matters into his own hands.
- Episode 41
Lemuel awakes from the horrible nightmare that he has been having.
- Episode 42
Lemuel brings Enrico to the hospital. Meanwhile, Erning hunts Waldo down for his own personal reasons.
- Episode 43
Mia escapes Oscar as he tries to own her for good. Due to the aggravation, stress and anxiety of her escape efforts, Mia is rushed into the hospital and there suffers such a painful loss.
- Episode 44
Lemuel visits his friend Enrico at the hospital. Moreover, he is surprised to see Anthony's condition and wonders why it is he was not made known about this.
- Episode 45
Anthony goes home drunk; Lemuel and Salud start to argue whether or not Anthony is just lying about his true condition. On the other hand, Mia and Feliza unexpectedly see each other in Barrio Tapas.
- Episode 46
Mia feels deep regret for her past mistakes; she wants to correct all that she has done and to make peace with those whom she has done wrong to.
- Episode 47
Enrico desperately needs a by-pass operation due to his ailing heart. Would he be able to survive such an ordeal?
- Episode 48
Sabrina is surprised by the stipulations of Enrico's last will and testament. Just to whom would Enrico entrust all his properties and assets to?
- Episode 49
Madonna loses it after she sees Daniel playing with Lemuel's gun. At the height of her emotional outburst, she expresses some very painful words to him.
- Episode 50
Waldo is given another chance at his job, thanks to Enrico. Meanwhile, Feliza offers Mia her help so that Mia could find a temporary place where she could stay for the meantime.
- Episode 51
It seems that Elmina’s supposed sins are gaining up on her, regardless of all her efforts to start anew life away from her past. On the other hand, Madonna and Sabrina plot some plans against Lemuel that should expectedly go their way—how would things turn out? Meanwhile, Waldo and Cita face a roadblock in their relationship.
- Episode 52
Anthony seems to be pulling a fast one on everybody in their house in terms of him still being paralyzed, but is also seems that the jig is up as Lemuel confronts him about this. Meanwhile, Mia ponders just how things fell apart between her and Lemuel---as she thinks it over with Feliza, they figure out that Lemuel's mother, Salud may have had a hand in it.
- Episode 53
Marcel just couldn't deny the very fact that he still in love with Elmina, which is the very reason he has been missing and has caused much aggravation for his sister, Lilian. Little does he know, Elmina seems to be having a new suitor on the prowl. Meanwhile, Oscar seems to drawing nearer to where Waldo is—would he be able to him?
- Episode 54
Sabrina seems to be maximizing the situation of her husband as she offers him papers to sign upon which at the end of the day would only benefit her evil schemes—what just did she had him sign? Meanwhile, Mia begins to fear her return to her home province, Barrio Tapas.
- Episode 55
The operation of Enrico is a success and his road to recovery shows a lot of promise and hope—how would this affect Sabrina's plans? Meanwhile, in her return, Cita and Mia run into each other and it seems that bad blood instantly exists between the two—would they come into any form of resolve?
- Episode 56
As suspicious threats on his life have been circling around his safety, Lemuel finds himself in even more headaches as a telegram with a new messenger seeks for him—what could this lead to, especially if the note came from Jaime? Meanwhile, Waldo sees some clues that could help him for his personal schemes.
- Episode 57
With some contact information of that can very much lead him to Lemuel, Waldo lets Cita reach a telephone number of which he has gotten—would this open windows for Waldo and Mia to meet again?
- Episode 58
To add to his supposed worries, Lemuel finds out that his son, Anthony has run away from home—but, would he feel anything after this? How about Madonna, she acts as if she has got something planned. After inquiring, Cita finds out the real connection, if any, about the Verder character Waldo has been searching for. On the other side of things, finally, Enrico returns home, but it seems that Madonna is not so very pleased about it.
- Episode 59
Madonna's plan of capturing Lemeul's care and concern for Anthony looks like it would take some time for him to soften up—or would he budge earlier than expected? Meanwhile, Lemeul's other son, Daniel, gets kidnapped by unknown syndicates—is this part of Madonna's schemes?
- Episode 60
Lemuel learns of his son's kidnapper... with the ransom demand up front, will he comply or would he devise another plan to get his son back? Meanwhile, karma seems to be creeping up unto Cita's past sins—with clues easy to trace, Cita unknowingly places herself and family right in the line of danger.
- Episode 61
Abdon attempts to abuse Cita but Cita is able to defend.
- Episode 62
The principal asks Cita to quit her job. Meanwhile, Oscar captures Madonna. On other things, Elmina is celebrating her 18th birthday.
- Episode 63
Lemuel gives the money to the kidnappers so he can save Madonna. Meanwhile, Oscar dies in a shootout.
- Episode 64
Enrico hires a detective to investigate Sabrina.
- Episode 65
Waldo is running after Lemuel. Also, Waldo meets Liberty. Meanwhile, Salud is investigating Madonna.
- Episode 66
Johnny goes out on a date with Sabrina. Enrico hires an investigator to follow them. Mia works in a jewelry shop. Waldo goes back to San Joaquin, to his family.
- Episode 67
Tristan confesses his love to Yasmin/Almina. Meanwhile, Lilian does in an accident.
- Episode 68
Cita blames Waldo for Lilian's death. Someone robs Lemuel's factory and takes items worth 15 million pesos.
- Episode 69
Tristan brakes up with Scarlet. Meanwhile, Lemuel and Salud investigate Madonna.
- Episode 70
Waldo decides to live in Manila. He rents at Liberty's house.
- Episode 71
Waldo works at Enrico's appliance showroom. Rodolfo, the jewellery shop owner, likes Mia.
- Episode 72
Mia learns that her boss likes her. Yasmin/Almina finds out that Anthony has connections with Lemuel and Daniel. Scarlet asks her men to beat up Tristan.
- Episode 73
Scarlet tells Sabrina that Tristan and Yasmin/Almina are together. Madonna sees Mia at her salon. A woman arrives at the Villadolid's residence and claims that she's the real Yasmin.
- Episode 74
Waldo's birthday. He celebrates his birthday together with Liberty. The fake Yasmin is Sabrina's daughter.
- Episode 75
Madonna goes to Mia's house and talks to Feliza. A bloody doll is sent to Verder's residence.
- Episode 76
NBI agents go to Verder's residence and looks for Simon Verder. Sabrina sees Mayumi getting her jewelries. Madonna tells Mia that she's Lemuel's wife. NBI agents arrest Lemuel.
- Episode 77
Cita attempts to commit suicide. Madonna tells Mia that Daniel is dead. Mia survives from being buries alive by Madonna's men.
- Episode 78
Yasmin/Almina is forced by Sabrina to leave Villadolid's house. She seeks Anthony's help. Mayumi falls from the third floor.
- Episode 79
Elmina surrenders Daniel to the police without her knowledge that he is her brother. Waldo is promoted. Marcel goes to Manila to look for Waldo and Elmina.
- Episode 80
Mia is back from Europe with Rodolfo. Meanwhile, Almina works as a waitress.
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw Pa Rin
- Official website: http://www.igma.tv/gwi/programs/50/my-one-and-only-love[permanent dead link]
- Ang Iibign Ay Ikaw at the Internet Movie Database