Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw
|Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw|
|Also known as||My One and Only Love|
|Created by||Jimmy Duavit|
|Developed by||Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil|
|Written by||Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil|
|Opening theme||"Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw" by Lani Misalucha|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||200|
|Executive producer(s)||Marjorie La Chica|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 8, 2002– April 11, 2003|
|Followed by||Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw Pa Rin|
Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw (International title: My One and Only Love / lit. The Beloved is You) is a Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Joyce Bernal and Lore Reyes, it stars Christopher de Leon, Alice Dixson and Richard Gomez. It premiered on July 8, 2002. The series concluded on April 11, 2003 with a total of 200 episodes. It was replaced by Ang Iibigin ay Ikaw Pa Rin in its timeslot.
Mia Sandoval is a simple girl from the province who dreams and aspires for a more comfortable life. In its harsh reality, this is what her loving husband Waldo Sandoval could not provide. In life's most unforeseen events, Mia seeks out for what she deems a better life and wanders into the arms of Lemuel Verder, a wealthy engineer in the city. But now, as she's finally living the life she has longed for, Mia still feels empty. She is torn between the life she wants and the love she had.
Cast and characters
- Richard Gomez as Waldo Sandoval - Mia Sandoval's loving husband. A caring father. A soft-spoken man who lack education but is blessed with a kind heart. He is a mangangabod or a gold diver whose only dream is to take away his family from the miserable state of poverty. But despite all his hard works, he still doesn't able to make ends meet. And to make matters worse, his wife abandoned him for another man.
- Alice Dixson as Mia Sandoval - Waldo's ambitious wife. She has a cynical view in life. Despite all the hard works of his husband, Waldo, their family is never able to make both ends meet, so she is bitter even if she's actually a loving person. The miserable life in Barrio Tapas is too much for her to bear, so when she meets Lemuel Verder and promised her a better life in Manila, she jumps at the chance. A decision that will make her life a nightmare.
- Christopher de Leon as Lemuel Verder - Mia's lover. A wealthy architect. A submissive son. He lives under the thumb of his domineering mother, Salud. Manipulated and controlled by his repressive mother, he dumps Mia and marries Madonna—which according to his mother is a "good catch".
- Lani Mercado as Madonna Verder - Lemuel Verder's arrogant and scheming wife. She marries Lemuel just to broaden their business empire. An arranged marriage that binds them... and also confronts them.
- Barbara Perez as Salud Verder - Lemuel Verder's greedy and over domineering mother. She is deeply religious but hard-hearted and highly-judgmental.
- Boots Anson-Roa as Feliza - Salud Verder's younger sister who also serves as her conscience. She knows everything about her sister... even her darkest secrets.
- Jackie Lou Blanco as Sabrina Villadolid - Enrico Villadolid's greedy, arrogant and social climber wife. She's a former "bar girl" who will do everything just for the love of money.
- Rio Locsin as Cita Almendraz - An elementary teacher. A single parent. She harbors special feelings for Waldo—an affection that turns into obsessions. She will do everything just to win Waldo's heart.
- Mark Gil as Enrico Villadolid - Sabrina Villadolid's loving husband and Waldo Sandoval's kind-hearted and supportive boss.
- Rosa Rosal as Lucing - Mia Sandoval's agonizing mother.
- Bembol Roco as Oscar - A former police man who will help Mia to escape from jail.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Liberty aka "Libay" - Waldo Sandoval's friend who becomes obsessed to him.
- Karen delos Reyes as Elmina Sandoval - Mia and Waldo's eldest daughter. At an early age, Elmina learned how to live all by herself. Her mother abandoned her and her father, Waldo, mysteriously disappeared in a tragic event. She harbors a deep anger towards Lemuel Verder—the man who ruined her family, as well as her life. Another series of unfortunate events lead Elmina to escape Barrio Tapas. She finds herself in Manila. Here she meets Anthony and Tristan—two gentlemen that will compete to win her heart.
- Chubi del Rosario as Anthony Verder - Madonna Verder's shy and quiet son to her ex-flame. He is a cripple who found peace and satisfaction through paintings. His boring and dull life suddenly becomes colorful when he meets Elmina.
- Polo Ravales as Tristan Villadolid - Enrico and Sabrina's one and only son. Handsome, free-spirited and blessed with a good heart. He immediately captured by Elmina's mesmerizing beauty and kindness.
- Krista Ranillo as Scarlet - Tristan's high-class, arrogant and domineering ex-girlfriend who will do everything just to win Tristan again.
- Anne Curtis as Rosanna Luarca
- Angel Locsin as Mariella Sandoval
- Johnny Revilla as Rodolfo Luarca
- AJ Eigenmann as Marcel Almendras
- Rey Emmanuel de Guzman as Daniel
- Valerie Concepcion as Lilian Almendras
- Mely Tagasa as Miling
- Lady Lee as Anna
- Ross Berenguel as Ivan
- Tommy Abuel as Atty. Cruz
- Anthony Roquel as Papu
- Armando Goyena as Donato Verder
- Cris Daluz as Roberto
- Empress Schuck as young Elmina
- Brian Homecillo as young Marcel
- Louise delos Reyes as young Stella
- Vangie Labalan as Yolanda Lujan
- Champagne Morales as Stella
- Aiza Marquez as Yasmin
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|