Angel's Ladies sign
|Former names||Circle C Ranch|
Vickie's Star Ranch
Fran's Star Ranch
Angel's Ladies was a 5,000-square-foot legal brothel situated on a 70-acre ranch which was located three miles north of Beatty, Nevada. It was known as Fran's Star Ranch until it was renamed Angel's Ladies in 1997 after being purchased by Mack and Angel Moore. It has been closed since August 2014.
Prior to the 1970s, the brothel had been known variously as Circle C Ranch and Vickie's Star Ranch. In 1978 an accident during a promotional stunt on the property resulted in the crash of a twin-engined light aircraft. The wreck has been located next to the brothel's billboard ever since, and used as a spectacle to attract customers from the road. Mack Moore attempted to sell Angel’s Ladies in 2007, but ended up taking it over again two years later as a result of foreclosure. He subsequently sold the business again in 2010, this time for $1.8 million, and continued to run it as a leaseholder. On 10 August 2014 he retired and closed the business.
In the media
A documentary film called Angel's Ladies was released in 2000 featuring the brothel, its owners and its staff. The brothel also appears in the 2011 photography book Nevada Rose by Marc McAndrews as part of a project about the brothels of rural Nevada.
During the last days that the brothel was open the band Disappointment #1 performed there and recorded interviews. They released an album Live at Brothel Angel's Ladies in October 2015.
- Leong, Grace (21 September 2000). "Historic Nevada brothel for sale". Las Vegas Sun News. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Clifford, Laura; Clifford, Robin. "Angel's Ladies". The online home of Reeling: The Movie Review Show. Reeling Reviews. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Chris Sieroty (22 October 2014). "Rural Nevada Residents See Bank, Brothel Closures". KNPR's State of Nevada. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Angel's Ladies Brothel". www.wikimapia.org. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Angel's ladies Brothel". www.atlasobscura.com. Atlas Obscura. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
A brothel nestled amongst ghost towns, that is sadly now closed, but once greeted people with a plane wreck.
- Waite, Mark (17 January 2014). "Shakeup under way for Beatty brothels". Pahrump Valley Times. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Angel's Ladies". IMDB. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Current and Upcoming Louisiana CD Releases". offbeat.com. Offbeat Magazine. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Angel's Ladies
- Disappointment #1 – Live at Brothel Angel's Ladies – listed on a shop website