|Studio album by Sebastian Bach|
|Released||November 20, 2007|
|Recorded||Sound City Studios - Hollywood, California (2007)|
|Genre||Heavy metal, hard rock, progressive metal|
Get Off My Bach Productions
|Sebastian Bach chronology|
Angel Down is the third solo release and the first studio album by heavy metal musician Sebastian Bach. Released on November 20, 2007, it is the first release to feature all original studio recorded material. It is also Bach's first release since his 2001 release Bach 2: Basics. It has garnered attention due to Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose's guest appearance on three tracks and Bach's appearance on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar. The front cover art of the album is David Lees's photo for Life magazine of the 1966 Florence flood.
On October 27, 2007, "Back in the Saddle" was played on the Texas radio station Q94.5. According to the station, the phones rang off the hook when the single was played and it became the station's No. 1 most requested track, however it only debuted at #191 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, selling 6,400 copies in its first week.
|1.||"Angel Down"||Adam Albright, Sebastian Bach||3:48|
|2.||"You Don't Understand"||Bach, Roy Z||3:06|
|3.||"Back in the Saddle" (Aerosmith cover featuring Axl Rose)||Steven Tyler, Joe Perry||4:19|
|4.||"(Love Is) a Bitchslap" (featuring Axl Rose)||Bach, Z||3:08|
|5.||"Stuck Inside" (featuring Axl Rose)||Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach||2:57|
|6.||"American Metalhead" (Painmuseum cover)||Mike Chlasciak||4:02|
|7.||"Negative Light"||Bach, Chlasciak, Steve DiGiorgio||4:33|
|8.||"Live & Die" (Painmuseum cover)||Chlasciak, Tim Clayborne||3:53|
|9.||"By Your Side"||Bach, Z||5:27|
|10.||"Our Love Is a Lie"||Bach, Chlasciak, Z||3:20|
|11.||"Take You Down with Me"||Bach, DiGiorgio||4:37|
|12.||"Stabbin' Daggers"||Bach, Chromatic, Bobby Jarzombek||3:41|
|13.||"You Bring Me Down"||Ralph Santolla||3:16|
|14.||"Falling Into You"||Bach, Desmond Child||4:21|
Bach also has the album cover tattooed on his arm. The tattoo was done by Kat Von D. He was a celebrity guest on her show LA INK.
The Angel Down DVD is included on the limited edition of the album and features a documentary titled "Roadrage" made by Sebastian Bach himself and features a close look at the making of the album and backstage vision with The Trailer Park Boys.
The DVD also includes six live performances and a music video.
- "American Metalhead"
- "Stuck Inside"
- "(Love Is) a Bitchslap"
- "You Dont Understand"
- "By Your Side"
- By Your Side (Acoustic) - Bonus
- (Love Is) a Bitchslap (music video)
- "Back in the Saddle"
- "(Love Is) A Bitchslap"
- "By Your Side"
- "You Don't Understand"
- "Falling Into You"
- Sebastian Bach - lead vocals
- "Metal" Mike Chlasciak - guitar
- Johnny Chromatic - guitar
- Steve DiGiorgio - bass guitar
- Bobby Jarzombek - drums and percussion
- Axl Rose - Vocals on "Back in the Saddle", backup vocals on "(Love Is) A Bitchslap" and "Stuck Inside"; writing credits on "Stuck Inside".
- Adam Albright - Guitar on "Angel Down"
- Ed Ross - Piano and strings on "By Your Side" and "Falling Into You"
- Roy Z - Guitar Tracks 2,4,9,10
|Billboard Top 200||191|
|Billboard Hard Rock Chart||1|
|Billboard Heatseekers Chart||1|
- Allmusic review
- Cash Box review Archived November 1, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Rolling Stone review
- "Sebastian Bach Angel Down (staff review)". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Angel Down". Artistdirect. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- SBowar, Chad. "Sebastian Bach - Angel Down". About.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Exclusive Sneak Preview - Sebastian Bach: Angel Down Paul Cashmere, Undercover, October 21, 2007
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-31. Retrieved 2007-10-29. Blabbermouth.net, October 29, 2007
- 'Angel Down' First-Week Sales Revealed - Blabbermouth.net Archived December 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 30th November, 2007
- Billboard.com - Artist Chart History - Sebastian Bach Retrieved on 11th December, 2007
- Sebastian Bach's 'Angel Down' number one on Billboard's Heatseekers Chart - NewsBlaze Retrieved on 30th November, 2007