|Other names||Sugar Brown|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|No. of adult films||194 as actress
2 as director
Angel Kelly is a retired pornographic actress. With Jeannie Pepper and Heather Hunter, Kelly was among the first African-American women to "cross over" into mainstream porn video. She is a member of the AVN Hall of Fame.
Kelly began her film career in 1985. During the period in which she was most active, 1986 through 1988, she made more than 100 original films — 53 in 1987 alone — but by the early-1990s she was appearing in fewer than five films a year. Kelly's final performance in an original film was in 1991.
She was the African American female star to receive a contract in the Adult Film Industry, when she signed with Fantasy Home Video.
- Angel Kelly at the Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved on 2009-07-30.
- Mireille Miller-Young, "Hardcore Desire: Black Women Laboring in Porn — Is It Just Another Job?", Colorlines Magazine: Race, Action, Culture, Winter 2005. Retrieved on 2007-10-03.
- Jared Rutter (2008-01-12). "2008 AVN Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- Miller-Young, Mireille. A Taste for Brown Sugar: Black Women in Pornography. Duke University Press Books. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "2009 XRCO Winners". Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- Woulard, Byron (2011). The Pawn Queen. Woulard Media Distribution. pp. 57–58. ISBN 978-0982937518.