Angel Leigh McCoy
Angel Leigh McCoy
Angel Leigh McCoy (right) with singer/songwriter S.J. Tucker, 2009
Angela Leigh McCoy
December 13, 1962
Elgin, Illinois, United States
|Occupation||game designer and fiction writer|
Early life and education
Originally from the Midwest, Angel Leigh McCoy grew up delving into fantasy and horror novels and won her first essay contest in sixth grade. She studied French Literature at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana.
She is credited with published work in the role-playing games industry as far back as 1994. Over the years, she has designed RPG material for companies such as White Wolf, Wizards of the Coast, FASA, and Pinnacle Entertainment Group. In 2001, she was writing in the video game industry for Microsoft Game Studios, writing articles as Xbox.com correspondent Wireless Angel. She transferred to ArenaNet in 2007, where she was part of a team effort to make the MMORPG Guild Wars 2.
Her side projects have included: founding and providing creative direction for an indie game team (Games Omniverse LLC); short fiction writing; webmaster for the Horror Writers Association; producing the Wily Writers Speculative Fiction Podcast; and editing short story anthologies "Deep Cuts", and "Another Dimension Anthology".
- Charlie Darwin, or the Trine of 1809 by Nevermet Press, 2011.
McCoy has published short fiction in various anthologies and magazines, including:
- Ravens in the Library by Quiet Thunder
- Vile Things: Extreme Deviations of Horror by Comet Press
- Masters of Horror Anthology by Triskaideka Books
- Cobalt City Christmas by Timid Pirates Productions.
- Fear of the Dark by HorrorBound 
- Growing Dread: Biopunk Visions by Timid Pirate Publishing 
- Tales for Canterbury by Random Static 
- Necrotic Tissue, issue 14, Stygian Publications 
Computer game work
Role-playing game work
McCoy's work in the role-playing game industry includes supplements for Wizards of the Coast's Forgotten Realms; FASA's Earthdawn; West End Games' World of Necroscope; Pinnacle Entertainment's Deadlands; and White Wolf's Mage: The Ascension, Vampire: The Masquerade, Hunter: The Reckoning and Changeling: The Dreaming.
- "Angel's Pen & Paper RPG Database entry". Archived from the original on February 19, 2005.
- About Page, GamesOmniverse.com
- HWA Contact Page, Horror.org
- Head Editor Profile, WilyWriters.com
- Deep Cuts Info Page, AngelMcCoy.com
- Another Dimension Info Page, anotherdimensionmag.com
- Ravens in the Library page
- "Comet Press website". Archived from the original on May 21, 2009.
- "Triskaideka Books". Archived from the original on May 24, 2010.
- Review of Cobalt City Christmas at the Seattle PI blog Shockroom
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- Articles Listing on Xbox.com
- Author bio at Comet Press website