|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Voivod|
|Released||November 12, 1991|
|Recorded||1990-1991 at Metalworks Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genre||Progressive metal, progressive rock, alternative metal, psychedelic rock|
Angel Rat is the sixth album released by the Canadian heavy metal band Voivod. Produced by Terry Brown of Rush fame, it was released in 1991 by Mechanic/MCA Records and is the follow-up to their critically acclaimed release, 1989's Nothingface. On this album, Voivod adopts a more alternative/progressive/psychedelic rock sound, as opposed to the progressive metal of Nothingface. "Clouds in My House" was made as a music video.
While Angel Rat was released on a major record label, the album initially received mixed reviews and was not as successful as Nothingface, though it has gained a strong cult following in recent times. Before the release of the album, bassist Jean-Yves Thériault (Blacky) departed from the group, but rejoined in 2008 (later to leave again in 2014).
- All songs written by Voivod
|3.||"Clouds in My House"||4:47|
|12.||"None of the Above"||4:08|
- Denis Bélanger - vocals
- Denis D'Amour - guitar, keyboards
- Michel Langevin - drums
- Jean-Yves Thériault - bass guitar, keyboards
- Ray Coburn - Keyboards
- Ivan Doroschuk - Additional keyboards on track 9
- Produced and recorded by Terry Brown
- Christe, Ian (2003). Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. HarperCollins. Chapter 13 Transforming the 1990s: The Black Album & Beyond.
- Allmusic review