Angela Adams (born in 1965 on the island of North Haven, Maine ) is an American rug designer. Adams partnered with her husband and furniture designer, Sherwood Hamill, to launch angela adams designs, dedicated to the creation of custom rugs and custom furniture in Portland, Maine.
In 2002, Adams and Hamill opened the first angela adams retail store in Portland, Maine. In addition to creating rugs and furniture, the design house developed a line of paper goods, bedding, home accessories, lifestyle accessories and gifts. Adams delivers an “optimistic view of the world spoken through a language of color and pattern” drawing on the natural surroundings of living in Coastal Maine.
Since launching the brand, Angela Adams has designed product for several companies including J.Crew, Macy’s, Anthropologie, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. In addition, there has been a fabric line developed with Architex Fabrics, a wallcovering line developed with MDC, a carpet line developed with Shaw Industries and a tile line developed with Ann Sacks.
- Matchan, Linda. "Rugs to Riches." The Boston Globe, February 2004, pg. 111 + 115.
- "Market ICFF." Interior Design, July 2003, p. 104.
- Matchan, Linda. "Whimsy, etc., at New York Fair." The Boston Globe, August 2003.
- "Gift Guide." The Inc. Life Magazine, December 2006, p. 87.
- Suqi, Rima. "Smart City Best Bets." New York Magazine, December 2003, p. 48.
- Tiger, Caroline. "Bold Colors From Maine." Fortune Small Business Magazine, September 2007, p. 38
- Quail, Jennifer. "Maxing Out a Medium." HFN, June 2005, p.31.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-04. Retrieved 2011-09-20.[full citation needed]