|Member of Parliament|
for Lanark and Hamilton East
|Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Jimmy Hood|
|Born||3 June 1987|
|Political party||Scottish National Party|
|Alma mater||University of Stirling|
University of Glasgow
Angela Crawley MP (born 3 June 1987) is a Scottish National Party politician. She was first elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Lanark and Hamilton East at the 2015 general election. Crawley is the SNP spokesperson for Women and Equalities and a member of the House of Commons Women and Equalities Committee.
Early life and career
Born in Hamilton, Crawley attended John Ogilvie High School. She studied Politics at the University of Stirling, graduating with a BA degree. She then spent several years living and working in Brighton for the Educational Travel Group. After being elected to Parliament, she received an LLB degree in Law from the University of Glasgow.
She first stood for election to South Lanarkshire Council for the Hamilton South ward and was elected at the 2012 local elections with 1,255 first preferences and taking the second seat in the ward, exceeding the quota.
In 2014, she was appointed as the National Convenor of the SNP’s youth wing, Young Scots for Independence; also sitting on the party’s National Executive Committee. She is the SNP Spokesperson for Young People and Community Resources.
- "Women and Equalities Committee - members". House of Commons. 8 July 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Election 2015: Lanark & Hamilton East parliamentary constituency". BBC News. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Thomson, Ross (8 May 2015). "Angela Crawley wins Lanark seat from Jim Hood". Carluke Gazette. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Carr, Tim (18 May 2015). The Politicos Guide to the New House of Commons 2015: Profiles of the New MPs and Analysis of the 2015 General Election Results. Biteback Publishing. ISBN 9781849549240.
- Provan, Gillian (4 May 2012). "Tears of shock and delight at South Lanarkshire's local elections". STV News. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Angela Crawley". politics.co.uk. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "30 Under 30 Europe 2017: Law & Policy". Forbes. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Lanark & Hamilton East parliamentary constituency - Election 2017". BBC News. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "SNP MP Angela Crawley calls for end to 'cruel and callous' child maintenance charges for domestic abuse victims". Holyrood Magazine. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "May pushed to scrap 'cruel' child maintenance fees". The National. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Angela Crawley MP: "Time to axe the tax for survivors of domestic abuse"". CommonSpace. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "MP calls for an end to 'shameful tax'". Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Leftly, Mark (20 February 2016). "Gay MPs: The photograph that shows Westminster's attitude towards LGBT politicians is changing". The Independent.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Angela Crawley.|
- profile on SNP website
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Angela Crawley on Twitter
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Lanark and Hamilton East