29 October 1940
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Kenneth More (1968-1982)
Bill Bryden (m. 2009-present)
She is best remembered for her roles in several Carry On Films in the 1960s, including Carry On Cowboy (1965) as an all-singing and trigger-happy version of Annie Oakley. She then appeared in Carry On Screaming! (1966), Follow That Camel (1967) and Carry On... Up the Khyber (1968). She has, by virtue of this association, appeared on many retrospective and spin-off programmes. Douglas made an appearance in North Wales in September 2005 to unveil a plaque dedicated to the filming of Carry On... Up the Khyber, as part of the movie had been shot in Llanberis.
Her television credits have included The Avengers, The Saint, Z-Cars, Dixon of Dock Green, Jason King, Casualty, Holby City, Coronation Street, and Doctor at Large. After husband Kenneth More was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease, she put her career on hold after 11 episodes of Oil Strike North. After More's death, she returned in various roles, including Doris Lethbridge-Stewart in Doctor Who (1989) and Peak Practice. In 1996 she played the part of Isobel Trimble in the third series of Cardiac Arrest. She has since concentrated on a career in journalism and writing, having completed two books.
Douglas met fellow actor Kenneth More on the set of Some People in Bristol in 1962. After starting an affair, More divorced his wife, and the couple married on 17 March 1968. More died on 12 July 1982.
In 1988, she met Scottish playwright and director Bill Bryden at a dinner party arranged by mutual friend Marsha Hunt. They have lived together in west London since, and were married at City Hall, New York City in February 2009.
- Six-Five Special (1958) - Studio Audience Member (uncredited)
- The Shakedown (1959) - Model
- Feet of Clay (1960) - Diana White
- The Wind of Change (1961) - Denise
- Don't Bother to Knock (1961) - Girl in Gallery (uncredited)
- The Gentle Terror (1961) - Nancy
- Murder in Eden (1961) - Beatnik
- Fake Takes a Hand (1962) - Secretary
- Design for Loving (1962) - Bernie's secretary
- Some People (1962) - Terry
- It's All Happening (1963) - Julie Singleton
- The Comedy Man (1964) - Fay Trubshaw
- John Goldfarb, Please Come Home! (1965) - Mandy - Harem Girl (uncredited)
- Carry On Cowboy (1965) - Annie Oakley
- Carry On Screaming! (1966) - Doris Mann
- Maroc 7 (1967) - Freddie
- Follow That Camel (1967) - Lady Jane Ponsonby
- Carry On... Up the Khyber (1968) - Princess Jelhi
- Digby, the Biggest Dog in the World (1973) - Janine
- Hamlet (1996) - Attendant to Gertrude
- Shadow Run (1998) - Bridget
- This Year's Love (1999) - Annabel
- South Kensington (2001) - Camila's Mother
- The Four Feathers (2002) - Aunt Mary
- The Baby Juice Expres (2004) - Celestia
- Nown, Graham ed.(1985). Coronation Street 1960-1985: 25 years, CBC Enterprises, 1986. ISBN 0-88794-231-8 photo with brief description of cameo role p203.
- Fox, Sue (1994-08-14). "How We Met: Bill Bryden and Angela Douglas". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Kay, Richard (2009-02-26). "At last! Angela ties the knot". London: daily Mail. Retrieved 2009-05-09.