1 August 1925
Rome, Kingdom of Italy
|Died||25 March 2016
Angela Bucci, best known as Angela Goodwin (1 August 1925 – 25 March 2016), was an Italian stage, film and television actress.
Life and career
Born in Rome, Goodwin was the daughter of an Italian-American father, and spent her youth in the US where she enrolled at several drama courses and started her professional career with a stage company in Washington. In the second half of the 1960s she came back to Italy, where she continued to work on stage with some of the major companies of the time, including the ones directed by Orazio Costa, Vittorio Gassman, Giancarlo Sbragia and Garinei & Giovannini.
In 1970, Goodwin had her film breakout as Fortunata, one of the Tettamanzi sisters in the Alberto Lattuada's commedia all'italiana Come Have Coffee with Us. Another major success in her career was the role of Laura Perozzi, Philippe Noiret's wife in Mario Monicelli's box office hit My Friends, a role she reprised in the 1982 sequel All My Friends Part 2. She was also very active on television. Her last work was the short film Carlo e Clara.
- Come Have Coffee with Us (1970)
- Defeat of the Mafia (1970)
- Autopsy (1975)
- My Friends (1975)
- Quanto è bello lu murire acciso (1976)
- A Sold Life (1976)
- The Passengers (1977)
- Last Feelings (1978)
- The Meadow (1979)
- All My Friends Part 2 (1982)
- Sing Sing (1983)
- Aurora (1984)
- Claretta (1984)
- Julia and Julia (1987)
- Alberto Express (1990)
- La piovra 6 (1992)
- Denti (2000)
- One Man Up (2001)
- Ginostra (2002)
- The Consequences of Love (2004)
- The Hideout (2007)
- Hayfever (2010)
- "Angela Goodwin". BFI. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- MonrifNet. "E' morta Angela Goodwin: fu la moglie del Perozzi in "Amici Miei"". La Nazione. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano, Le Attrici. Gremese Editore, 2003. pp. 169–170. ISBN 888440214X.
- Redazione Spettacoli Roma (25 March 2016). "È scomparsa Angela Goodwin, moglie del Perozzi in «Amici miei»". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Redazione (25 March 2016). "Lutto nel cinema, è morta a Roma Angela Goodwin". La Repubblica. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|